• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

To those that are going - enjoy.
This is one of the bigger show productions out there with state of the art audio and visual.

Having seen some videos online his voice is weaker, but also clearer than it was before COVID. Getting 3 dozen songs in 2 hr and 40 minutes is fantastic and a 60+ yr spread from the oldest song he plays to the most recent

If I was going to this one i'd actually arrive early and try to be around the stadium by 4 pm. Then you could listen to the soundcheck (which VIP's pay hundreds to thousands of dollars to attend) for free. That is another 50-60 minutes or so with around 10 more songs, none of which will be played during the concert later that evening. Soundcheck usually starts by 4:30.

After the soundcheck i'd go get dinner and then come back later for the show. Show is ticketed for 8 pm start so that means the DJ starts playing around 7:30ish and McCartney probably hits the stage around 8:10. Should end just before 11.
Don't miss the encore.

To those that are going - enjoy.
This is one of the bigger show productions out there with state of the art audio and visual.

Having seen some videos online his voice is weaker, but also clearer than it was before COVID. Getting 3 dozen songs in 2 hr and 40 minutes is fantastic and a 60+ yr spread from the oldest song he plays to the most recent

If I was going to this one i'd actually arrive early and try to be around the stadium by 4 pm. Then you could listen to the soundcheck (which VIP's pay hundreds to thousands of dollars to attend) for free. That is another 50-60 minutes or so with around 10 more songs, none of which will be played during the concert later that evening. Soundcheck usually starts by 4:30.

After the soundcheck i'd go get dinner and then come back later for the show. Show is ticketed for 8 pm start so that means the DJ starts playing around 7:30ish and McCartney probably hits the stage around 8:10. Should end just before 11.
Don't miss the encore.

Sounds like you would eat within walking distance. It's been a while since I have been in Winston. Any recommendations within walking distance for dinner?

Sounds like you would eat within walking distance. It's been a while since I have been in Winston. Any recommendations within walking distance for dinner?

Very limited (Putters, Elizabeth's; others?) and w/o a guaranteed reservation I'd be hesitant to rely on walk-in.
Very simple/low key tailgate for us; hoping to find some shade to set up in.

Anyone want 4 on-field tix in section e? will let them go for face value.

Very limited (Putters, Elizabeth's; others?) and w/o a guaranteed reservation I'd be hesitant to rely on walk-in.
Very simple/low key tailgate for us; hoping to find some shade to set up in.

Ryan's is a longer walk.

Tailgating, any suggestions on arrival time and parking. Probably should have gotten VIP parking, oh well.

Tailgating, any suggestions on arrival time and parking. Probably should have gotten VIP parking, oh well.
We are tailgating. Planning to get there when the lots open at 3. Somewhere shady and close to the stadium to hopefully hear soundcheck.

Tickets on StubHub down to $30-35 for last minute shoppers. Of course there is rain in the forecast and a line of storms coming up from Charlotte as we speak.

Lol I've never noticed that some seats in Groves have two different visible numbers, small black ones and large white ones. People are losing their shit.

8:25 and the show’s not started. Traffic was a cluster, so it’s probably good the show hasn’t started.

He was 30-40 minutes late when I saw him a few years ago. Great show once it got going, but that was a long wait with a pre-teen.

Yep. No rain, comfortable temperatures and a great show.

Lol I've never noticed that some seats in Groves have two different visible numbers, small black ones and large white ones. People are losing their shit.
Yeah, the sections and seating changed a few years ago. Originally, the entrance tunnels opened up in the middle of the sections. It was changed so that the tunnels now open up in between two sections.

Great show, great weather as said. Paul was fantastic as was his whole band. The pyro during Live and Let Die was intense; we could feel the heat from section 15.

The only complaint I have is the same one I have during Wake games. Cell phone data reception is non existent once there is a big crowd. Could not get updates about the gates opening late or about the weather.

Traffic was fine; we were out and home a little over an hour after the show ended.

Lot of chatter online that getting into the stadium was a shit show..hopefully we can handle this better in the future. Could be a nice place for performers to stop off between triangle and clt. I've not been to a home game in a bit but it sounds like we need a free wifi network like most pro stadiums have (or better /more cell towers).

Lot of chatter online that getting into the stadium was a shit show..hopefully we can handle this better in the future. Could be a nice place for performers to stop off between triangle and clt. I've not been to a home game in a bit but it sounds like we need a free wifi network like most pro stadiums have (or better /more cell towers).

The hosts of a podcast I listen to were talking about seeing Paul McCartney at SoFi Stadium in LA and also said the show was held for an hour because of traffic issues getting in to the stadium

Back