• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: WF hosts ND - Saturday 1 pm - Bally Sports

Is Littlejohn another of these ridiculous road losing streaks or have we had any modicum of success there more recently?

we've been super shitty in every ACC road arena since 2010 because we had two of the worst coaches in ACC history from 2011-2020

we've been super shitty in every ACC road arena since 2010 because we had two of the worst coaches in ACC history from 2011-2020

Let’s knock one more road losing streak off the list Wednesday and never speak of that era again

Norte Dame is so good offensively. Lord! Just enough stops.

They really are. The way they move the ball around on offense really reminds me of a John Beilein coached team. Brey definitely gets the most out of his kids.

As frustrated as I was with Alondes, he definitely won that game for us. Solid player.

Agree 110%. Some of his turnovers over the last three games have been absolutely maddening, but they guy has really carried us on his back multiple times this season. I don't want to think about what this team's record would be without Alondes. He's had more impact on a Wake squad than any Deacon since Chris Paul.

I only remember them saying this after their 10th 3.

20/9/5 for LaRavia
23/10/3 for Williams
15/10/3 for Sy

Not a great team effort, but fantastic individual games for those three.

On rebound by LaRavia away from three guys having double-doubles.

Announcers said Wake needed somebody to be the third scorer. Sy stepped up.

Not to discount the rebounding, but when you shoot like we did, there are lots of opportunities.

Just got back from game. What a great one to watch in person. They lit it up from 3's and we survive. LaRavia was awesome and Manman won it at the end. Williamson had 2 key 3's and Sy played great. I am sure this has all been said but what a great game to watch. This team will go down as one of the best in our history- back to being relevant in a year.
Forbes was working the refs all game and also jumped on our players when they needed it. What a great coach.

Not to discount the rebounding, but when you shoot like we did, there are lots of opportunities.

that is why % of available rebounds is a much more helpful stat than gross number of rebounds

ND had 29 available offensive rebounds and got 2 - 7%
WF had 41 available offensive rebounds and got 16 - 39%

Just got back from game. What a great one to watch in person. They lit it up from 3's and we survive. LaRavia was awesome and Manman won it at the end. Williamson had 2 key 3's and Sy played great. I am sure this has all been said but what a great game to watch. This team will go down as one of the best in our history- back to being relevant in a year.
Forbes was working the refs all game and also jumped on our players when they needed it. What a great coach.

Seeing Forbes work the refs is the one thing I will always be grateful for after the past years of the statue.

I only remember them saying this after their 10th 3.

20/9/5 for LaRavia
23/10/3 for Williams
15/10/3 for Sy

Not a great team effort, but fantastic individual games for those three.

Yep

LaRavia also with 4 steals.

And his points came from 5/8 FGs and 10/11 FTs.

They really are. The way they move the ball around on offense really reminds me of a John Beilein coached team. Brey definitely gets the most out of his kids.

This is interesting to me. We watched at a brewery with a few other Deacs and everyone commented that ND’s entire offense was a dribble/3 pt show. We called it an NBA-lite offense that was annoyingly effective but not fun to watch. I guess their results speak for themselves (despite the crazy easy schedule) though, and they did out-assist us 13-9.

We missed a lot of close ones, but I loved how aggressively we attacked the basket, particularly on the offensive boards.

LaRavia might be the most underrated player in the conference.

Not meant in any any way to bash Williams, but without him LaRavia would be a 20 and 10 guy. He differs to Williams down the stretch but he's the kind of player that could put up crazy numbers on a bad team.

When Walton fouled out Brey immediately sent Atkinson Jr to the scorers table to check in. Sy stepped up and defended inside really well after Walton went out.

Not meant in any any way to bash Williams, but without him LaRavia would be a 20 and 10 guy. He differs to Williams down the stretch but he's the kind of player that could put up crazy numbers on a bad team.

Well he’ll hopefully have his shot to be the man next year

When Walton fouled out Brey immediately sent Atkinson Jr to the scorers table to check in. Sy stepped up and defended inside really well after Walton went out.

Sy played great. It seems when Walton is off a bit then Sy steps up and visa versa. Love both those guys.

Back