• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: WF hosts ND - Saturday 1 pm - Bally Sports

Not meant in any any way to bash Williams, but without him LaRavia would be a 20 and 10 guy. He differs to Williams down the stretch but he's the kind of player that could put up crazy numbers on a bad team.

he differs to Manman for good reason. Manman delivers in crunch time. We have a very smart team

Interesting that both the comeback at dook and the end of this game happened with our big line up.

We had 70 shots to their 51.

Davien seemed to struggle guarding bigger guards. They can shoot over him. Bigger lineup was key

Over the final 11:18 the Deacons held the Irish to 3-14 shooting and forced three turnovers. That resulted in a 23-13 finish by the Deacons for a five point win. The big line up makes a difference late.

Laravia with 20/9/5 and four second half steals. Alondes goes 23/10/3. Khadim Sy really stepped up with 15 points, 10 rebounds and some good defense late.

This team can be frustrating but they don't quit and they understand the importance of defense late to win games.

GGTT win.

Over the final 11:18 the Deacons held the Irish to 3-14 shooting and forced three turnovers. That resulted in a 23-13 finish by the Deacons for a five point win. The big line up makes a difference late.

Laravia with 20/9/5 and four second half steals. Alondes goes 23/10/3. Khadim Sy really stepped up with 15 points, 10 rebounds and some good defense late.

This team can be frustrating but they don't quit and they understand the importance of defense late to win games.

GGTT win.

This is it, defense is something you can control every game and is what wins games.

It’s incredible to me how much I love these guys - after ONE year. They are so much fun to watch and they play
very differently than any Wake team I have watched (since the early ‘70’s). Williams is great, but LaRavia is the glue guy, and Dallas has your back, and Sy’s gonna make it happen. Forbes has done an amazing job!

It’s incredible to me how much I love these guys - after ONE year. They are so much fun to watch and they play
very differently than any Wake team I have watched (since the early ‘70’s). Williams is great, but LaRavia is the glue guy, and Dallas has your back, and Sy’s gonna make it happen. Forbes has done an amazing job!

He really has put the pieces together in a way that is great fun to watch. Shame we won't have the same crew together next year. But, you have to imagine our results and style of play will catch the eye of good recruits.

This. I actually care again, which worries me.

This is it, defense is something you can control every game and is what wins games.

It's like the maxim I heard from an announcer while watching another game today - if you're going to rest on the basketball court, rest on offense; never rest on D.

It's like the maxim I heard from an announcer while watching another game today - if you're going to rest on the basketball court, rest on offense; never rest on D.

Coaches have said that forever. Hell even Bob “the Letcher” Staak knew that.

Laravia when asked what it would mean to play in the NCAA tournament: "It would be super dope." Yes, Jake... I agree. Super dope.

People don’t like iso offense but that’s one benefit. One dude takes the lead and the other four can rest a bit and give all on defense.

Daviens two threes to start the second half kept us in it. Carter defended well but somehow he had lost all confidence on the offensive end. Looks like he throws up shots hoping they go in. He rebounded and defended well though today

Got to give him credit. Carter’s defense has improved by leaps and bounds since the start of the year.

Back