• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul: "[The 05 Team] Should Have Won the Championship"

We were in Winston at F&H at Thruway - I know that one doesn’t exist, but does the chain still have open locations?

I watched the Auburn loss at a F&H in Austin that no longer exists. Perhaps it is good for us if they all went away.

Jesus Christ, Tyrese Rice? We're just bringing up all the bad vibes this week

Jesus Christ, Tyrese Rice? We're just bringing up all the bad vibes this week

It is not coincidental that this thread was started yesterday and then last night we drop a stinker to Clemson.

I’ve posted this before but that whole winter/spring was such a gut punch for a Wake/Charlotte NBA fan. First the nut punch/ACC flameout/WVU couple weeks which was certainly bad enough, but then Chris declares and I’m hoping the new Charlotte Bobcats get to draft him. I had gone to about 7-8 Charlotte games that year and the Bobcats lost every single one….except for the last game of the year which I attended against I believe either the defending or soon to be champions Detroit Pistons. They were locked into playoff seeding so they sat everyone and the Bobcats won the game….putting them in a tie with the recently departed New Orleans Hornets for draft position. A coin was tossed, New Orleans won and ended up with Chris and the Bobcats get Ray Felton instead. I still can’t believe that series of events all happened in a few months. This was a year after the Panthers losing the Super Bowl and yeah, being a sports fan is terrible.

I’ve posted this before but that whole winter/spring was such a gut punch for a Wake/Charlotte NBA fan. First the nut punch/ACC flameout/WVU couple weeks which was certainly bad enough, but then Chris declares and I’m hoping the new Charlotte Bobcats get to draft him. I had gone to about 7-8 Charlotte games that year and the Bobcats lost every single one….except for the last game of the year which I attended against I believe either the defending or soon to be champions Detroit Pistons. They were locked into playoff seeding so they sat everyone and the Bobcats won the game….putting them in a tie with the recently departed New Orleans Hornets for draft position. A coin was tossed, New Orleans won and ended up with Chris and the Bobcats get Ray Felton instead. I still can’t believe that series of events all happened in a few months. This was a year after the Panthers losing the Super Bowl and yeah, being a sports fan is terrible.

Bobcats could have definitely packaged those two picks and moved up. The calculated that Raymond Felton was not that much worse than CP to justify giving up that #13 pick that they used on Sean May.

Damn shame we fucked this up, Tyrese would have gone down in the books as one of the most beloved Deacs. Fantastically enjoyable player to watch

Easily my favorite BC player of all time despite all this.

Love recruiting stories like that even if WF got the short end. FWIW, WF ended up bringing in Shamaine Dukes that year (2005-6). WF did land Ish the year after that, and the Jeff Teague the following year. So, WF did have a couple of long time NBA PG despite missing on Rice.

Bobcats could have definitely packaged those two picks and moved up. The calculated that Raymond Felton was not that much worse than CP to justify giving up that #13 pick that they used on Sean May.

i don't think anyone would have packaged those picks to move up for cp3 though

the bad call was drafting sean may - most mocks had the bobcats taking danny granger

Damn shame we fucked this up, Tyrese would have gone down in the books as one of the most beloved Deacs. Fantastically enjoyable player to watch

could have kept justin gray at SG - and I bet we would have had a nice 2005-2006 season

Yeah. Missing out on Oden, Conley, and Cook didn't hurt that much long term because we did end up Ish, Teague, JJ, and AFA. But it did hurt short-term because they would have helped Skip go out on top and I think it wrecked much of our excitement around recruiting. I know I haven't been as emotionally invested in a recruiting battle since.

I doubt a trade like that would have been available

Felton was actually pretty good, but obviously not as good as CP3.

So you decided to move to Morgantown for the rest of your life to continue the punishment?

I mean I married a person who keeps her ticket from that game in her wallet to this day so I’ve made my peace with it

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT:

I totally respect CDeacMan because that must be the sweetest poontang in the world if it's worth it to stay with that woman after that terrible night.

Back