• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul: "[The 05 Team] Should Have Won the Championship"

Then maybe he shouldn't have punched Hodge in the nuts, miss the first round of the ACC tourney, and cost us a 1 seed.

I wonder who is going to tweak his thumb in the playoffs and get punched in the nuts.

I was watching Tony Rutland run circles around Stephon Marbury and drain long 3's and thought "damn, we are GOOD."

Then he blows out his knee. I mean I have seen that since, but not often.

Oh and 2005.

And maybe the year we beat Depaul - at least a final 4 in my lifetime!

I was watching Tony Rutland run circles around Stephon Marbury and drain long 3's and thought "damn, we are GOOD."

Oh and 2005.

The way we played that first half of the WVU had my friends and me convinced we were winning it all.

Oh and 2005.

Fortunately for that game, Cremins didn't realize that it was Rutland who got hurt until like 3:00 left. We don't win that game if they had pressed earlier.

Levy shooting the technical free throws was the most egregious coaching error. Not sure what the assistant coaches did for Skip's staff, but that was a blunder of epic proportions. I went to this game and I definitely have not gotten over it even now.

i still don't think that im over that west virginia loss

Worst sports loss of my life, don't think it can ever be topped. *Years* of build up only to end in absolute disaster. I'll be lamenting that game for the rest of my life.

That team should have played some defense.

For how much Dickie V is annoying, he was spot on during the UNC nationally televised game to say we should be playing better defense.

This is the primary reason I love Forbes, defense is the best I've seen since following in the 80s.

Sure Odom with Duncan played good defense, but Timmy's length made mistakes go away. They also slowed it down which kept scoring down.

Worst sports loss of my life, don't think it can ever be topped. *Years* of build up only to end in absolute disaster. I'll be lamenting that game for the rest of my life.

not only the build-up but the drag out, false hope where Downey kept us in it

For how much Dickie V is annoying, he was spot on during the UNC nationally televised game to say we should be playing better defense.

This is the primary reason I love Forbes, defense is the best I've seen since following in the 80s.

Sure Odom with Duncan played good defense, but Timmy's length made mistakes go away. They also slowed it down which kept scoring down.

Those 3 years under Dino when we played the packline and had guys like Ish, Aminu and JJ were the best defensive teams we've had. Most of the Odom teams played good D too. I liked that 3-2 zone he played with Josh at the top. MD@Alaska also played a nice 3-2 at the same time with Terrance Morris up top.

Back