• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 30: Louisville @ LJVM - 7 pm Saturday - ACCN

Yeah Curry looks like he's being criminally misused by Louisville. Matt Cross has like 13 games with over 20 minutes of PT despite being horrible from outside, horrible from inside, doesn't rebound well, isn't a good defender, and hasn't topped 13 points in ACC play.

Curry has gotten 4 games with over 20 minutes of PT and in those four shot over 70% from the floor, averaged 18 points per game along with 9 boards.

No wonder Louisville sucks.

Given Forbes' comments about Curry in the postgame ("My kind of guy" basically), and the coaching change at Louisville, wonder if we'll make a run at him? JC guy, too, after originally committing to Kansas, and we'll def need size/rebounding next year.

He'd be a great fit on next season's team. Either as a Sy replacement or to help take mins left open by both Walton and Sy moving on. He is a bit shorter but built like a brick shithouse. Dude has great ORB and DRB% in limited minutes.

Looks like he is a poor shooter, so he is stuck behind Malik Williams and Louisville has a big rotation at the 4 spot.

We could use an Ody/Curry type. Sy has been a much better shooter than those guys, but gives up a bit in rebounding.

Haha, I wonder how many of us would have wanted him if he'd scored closer to his average of 4 ppg

Yes. Curry was great, but let's put too much stock in one game. Ish Massoud had a 30+ point game last year. The game before WF, Curry scored no points and had 3 fouls against UNC.

I don't know, Forbes just singled him out and it didn't seem like a throwaway comment. It was different, for instance, than him complimenting that FSU walk on who destroyed us recently with the double double, where he was like "whatever that dude's name was." I think we might look at him averaging close to 6 and 4 in 12 minutes a game shooting 70% and think he might be useful. Seems like it's been a pretty dysfunctional season there. He also has thrown up a few more solid conference games, not only against us.

Curry has been both good and bad at times. He had to slim down from 300+ coming out of JuCo. "Gravy is not a beverage," anyone? He also had a bad ankle part of this season.

ETA:

He originally was a Kansas commit.
He is a true junior with only one year at Louisville following two at JC. I don't know how that would work with Wake's academic side.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like he barely played before the conference slate started. Anyway, it was just something that caught my attention. It might be nothing.

He'd be a great fit on next season's team. Either as a Sy replacement or to help take mins left open by both Walton and Sy moving on. He is a bit shorter but built like a brick shithouse. Dude has great ORB and DRB% in limited minutes.

Looks like he is a poor shooter, so he is stuck behind Malik Williams and Louisville has a big rotation at the 4 spot.

We could use an Ody/Curry type. Sy has been a much better shooter than those guys, but gives up a bit in rebounding.

Anyone know what happened to Malik Williams on Saturday? He started but only played 3 mins.

Curry has been both good and bad at times. He had to slim down from 300+ coming out of JuCo. "Gravy is not a beverage," anyone? He also had a bad ankle part of this season.

ETA:

He originally was a Kansas commit.
He is a true junior with only one year at Louisville following two at JC. I don't know how that would work with Wake's academic side.

I doubt Wake would take a former Juco as a regular transfer, but we'll see how much juice Forbes earns with admissions.

That part may definitely not fly. Looks like he committed to Miami (OH) out of high school, but no idea if there were qualifying issues. But I like the profile. Kind of reminds of a dude Forbes had at ETSU, Jeromy Rodriguez.

Prob not a lot. But we went after McKoy (UVa to UNC) and got Isaiah Wilkins recently.

Not many intraconference transfers, because it does seem a little slimy, but it happens.

Justin McKoy transferred from UVA to UNC this past year (WF offered).
Casey Morsell transferred from UVA to NC State as well.

That said, I would pump the brakes on the Curry love. He averages 5 ppg and 4 rpg on a bad team. He had a night against WF, but Ish Massoud had 30+ point game last year too. It happens.

Anyone know what happened to Malik Williams on Saturday? He started but only played 3 mins.

he's the one who dropped the last straw on Chris Mack with the "no comment". His last 7 games he has played the following minutes:

He (Curry) would have to be willing to take a different number.

Really think Pegues was playing everyone to try and give kids a reason to stay. They played 12 guys in first half and starters with the least mins. Williams played 3, Withers 6 and Ellis 11 as starters. The towel on their season was already waving.

Not many intraconference transfers, because it does seem a little slimy, but it happens.

Justin McKoy transferred from UVA to UNC this past year (WF offered).
Casey Morsell transferred from UVA to NC State as well.

That said, I would pump the brakes on the Curry love. He averages 5 ppg and 4 rpg on a bad team. He had a night against WF, but Ish Massoud had 30+ point game last year too. It happens.

sounds like one might refer to curry as a bit of a nothing burger

(i agree with you tho)

Back