• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 MLB Season Thread

BlueStar Ointment cures ringworm, psoriasis, and even cures tetter. Is that banned by the MLB?

Rangers firing their Manager when he is 2 games shy of his 500th win with the club is a very Ranger's move. Can't let him get the 500th win and let the fans think he is a keeper or something.

how TF does this GET overturned?!!? it was ruled a HOME RUN on the field

ridiculous.

Arte Moreno is preparing to sell the LA Angels of Anaheim.

MLB announced the 2023 schedule. The scheduling format has changed. Instead of playing every team in your division 19 times, MLB teams play 14 division games, 6 games against other teams in their own league, and 3 games against EVERY team in the other league (except for your natural rival - 4 games against your rival team).

I'm an old crank who dislikes interleague play, but obviously we can't avoid it without realignment, which I also dislike because I am an old crank. I do appreciate the attempt at balance with this new format. Phillies natural rivals are apparently the Blue Jays, so we get to find out who is unvaccinated every year.

I like the attempt to balance the schedule and to play every other team in MLB. Now that the designated hitter has been established, there is no reason not to play everyone. I'm glad the ghost runner in extra inning games will disappear. I like the 26 man roster, the 13 pitcher limit and the minimum 3 batter rule for pitchers. The covid season forced MLB to experiment and the game is better for it.

Despite the losing, I've enjoyed watching the Cubs this season. Of necessity, they have had to play more small ball and run more often in effort to score and it has produced a more exciting if somewhat less effective offense. Watching a hitter attempt to blast thru an overloaded defense with nobody defending the other side of the diamond makes no sense to me. Old crank too (two).

Gavin Sheets was 3/5 with an RBI to lead the ChiSox past the O's yesterday. He was hitting in the #5 spot. Second three hit game in his last seven.

DV7 - you good?? 👀

JRod signs a massive extension. $200m-450m.

It really feels like there are a much higher number of absolutely god fucking awful teams than any year I can ever remember.

It really feels like there are a much higher number of absolutely god fucking awful teams than any year I can ever remember.

Your perception is reality.

This year only two divisions (AL East and NL West) have the worst team with a win percentage above .400. Historically, the cellar dwellers have been a little over .400.

There are FIVE teams with records below .400. The NL central has two of them.

I like the attempt to balance the schedule and to play every other team in MLB. Now that the designated hitter has been established, there is no reason not to play everyone. I'm glad the ghost runner in extra inning games will disappear. I like the 26 man roster, the 13 pitcher limit and the minimum 3 batter rule for pitchers. The covid season forced MLB to experiment and the game is better for it.

Despite the losing, I've enjoyed watching the Cubs this season. Of necessity, they have had to play more small ball and run more often in effort to score and it has produced a more exciting if somewhat less effective offense. Watching a hitter attempt to blast thru an overloaded defense with nobody defending the other side of the diamond makes no sense to me. Old crank too (two).

I like it too. With this many wild card teams, a team shouldn’t benefit because they they play the Reds and the Pirates 19 times each.

What a neat feature ESPN just did, going micd up and closeup thru Adam Wainright’s full outfield then bullpen warmup. Outstanding inside from the Mothership.

Craig Kimbrel coming out to Let It Go is awesome and hysterical. Hope that sticks for awhile.

Back