• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 MLB Season Thread

Yankees trade Sanchez and Urshela to Minnesota for Luke Donaldson, Kiner-Falafa (who just came over yesterday from Texas) and a backup catcher.

Yankees now will need someone who can be a lead catcher...will be interesting to see what happens.

*Josh* Donaldson

Tatis already out for 3 months. He’s soooo injury prone. That long contract is gonna bite them.

Yankees trade Sanchez and Urshela to Minnesota for Luke Donaldson, Kiner-Falafa (who just came over yesterday from Texas) and a backup catcher.

Yankees now will need someone who can be a lead catcher...will be interesting to see what happens.

Ugh, there has been a ton of smoke on Willson Contreras to the Yanks in the last year. Really hoping that is not the case.

Really like what the Giants are doing - short term deal with Rodon, minor league deal with Carlos Martinez - who I am assuming they are going to put in the pen, where he can be dominant.

The Reds appear to want to field a AAAA squad this year. After shipping off Sonny Gray, they send Winker to the M's, and he is really good. Eugenio Suarez in the deal too. He is really.... old? Past his prime? Maybe just needs a change of scenery.

Good trade for the resident M’s fan @HTTD.

Eta: maybe it wasn’t him not sure

Last edited:
The Reds appear to want to field a AAAA squad this year. After shipping off Sonny Gray, they send Winker to the M's, and he is really good. Eugenio Suarez in the deal too. He is really.... old? Past his prime? Maybe just needs a change of scenery.

Suarez is expensive and overpaid - which is why they had to give up Winker to dump Suarez’s salary

Suarez is expensive and overpaid - which is why they had to give up Winker to dump Suarez’s salary

They didn’t need to dump his salary, they aren’t going to spend the money elsewhere. This is a fire sale. The alternative to giving up Jesse winner for peanuts is just to not do that, there was no practical urgency for dumping Suarez.

They didn’t need to dump his salary, they aren’t going to spend the money elsewhere. This is a fire sale. The alternative to giving up Jesse winner for peanuts is just to not do that, there was no practical urgency for dumping Suarez.

The Reds save $35 million over the next three years by trading Suarez. Pretty sure that's what created the urgency. Agree that the Reds are in full tank mode. Really sucks when two teams in the same division are tanking. With the unbalanced schedule, it creates a big advantage for the other teams in that division to make the playoffs.

I think the Ms took on Suarez's contract and the gamble on him finally being over his injury just so they wouldn't have to trade a true blue chip prospect. Williamson is likely to he good, but Hancock and Kirby stay in the system.

Could also see Ms eating some of Suarezs contract while flipping him for something else. In Jerry I trust.

I haven’t been this optimistic for a Mariners season since they traded for Cliff Lee. They went 61-101 that season.

Totally agree with Pilchard. Why have a franchise if you are always in "sell" mode?? As someone who astutely drafted in Suarez on almost every damn fantasy team last year, look for him to breakout for the M's. Wish the Phillies could have landed Winker, wtf?? Hoping for Castellanos!

Fantasy baseball advice needed and appreciated. I am in a keeper league (7 players) and I threw back Julio Rodriguez (they say they have no idea when he may come up and with the trade for Winker - that outfield seems even more crowded...

I have 4th pick in the first round. Here are the top available. Rodriguez, DeGrom (I wish he would be here at 4), Correa, Kelinic, Wheeler, Castellanos, Alacantara Who would you take first and when would you draft Julio? How many rounds can I wait??

The Reds save $35 million over the next three years by trading Suarez. Pretty sure that's what created the urgency. Agree that the Reds are in full tank mode. Really sucks when two teams in the same division are tanking. With the unbalanced schedule, it creates a big advantage for the other teams in that division to make the playoffs.

Not sure if it has been announced on this thread, but the unbalanced schedule will be much less unbalanced in coming years. 14 games against each divisional opponent, 6 games against each non-division league opponent, 46 total interleague games where you will play every team at least once, and every team at home in any given two years. Definitely will be more fair going forward. I'm an old who could do without interleague play, but that's a moot point with 15 teams in each league. This seems an improvement over the old system.

Fantasy baseball advice needed and appreciated. I am in a keeper league (7 players) and I threw back Julio Rodriguez (they say they have no idea when he may come up and with the trade for Winker - that outfield seems even more crowded...

I have 4th pick in the first round. Here are the top available. Rodriguez, DeGrom (I wish he would be here at 4), Correa, Kelinic, Wheeler, Castellanos, Alacantara Who would you take first and when would you draft Julio? How many rounds can I wait??

Which Rodriguez???
The only two real options of those choices are Correa and Castellanos.

Julio Rodriguez (SEA - RF) - This is a keeper league so these guy in the minors have more value - I'm trying to decide how much more value...

How many keepers? I’m in a keeper league too and still wouldn’t take any of those except Castellanos or Correa. (And actually they’d both be stretches. I actually decided not to keep Correa this year in a 12 team, keep 5 league.

Back