• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 MLB Season Thread

MLB (and sports leagues in general) are really pissing me off with these one off games on a different network.

2 of the 3 Braves games this weekend are being broadcast exclusively on streaming options. 1 on Peacock and 1 on (I believe) AppleTV.

I’ve got enough subscriptions as it is.

The AppleTV one was free at least. This Peacock stuff is nonsense. MLB is a run by a bunch of fucking morons.

Reds allow no hits to Pirates but lose in Pittsburgh, 1-0.

Not officially a no-hitter since the Pirates scored in the 8th.

Reds allow no hits to Pirates but lose in Pittsburgh, 1-0.

Not officially a no-hitter since the Pirates scored in the 8th.

This confuses the hell out of me. They didn't allow any hits, but it wasn't a no-hitter :dumb:

Change the name of the accomplishment to make it clearer lol Maybe a No-hitter/no-scorer. This >120 old sport needs to change for me.

This confuses the hell out of me. They didn't allow any hits, but it wasn't a no-hitter :dumb:

Change the name of the accomplishment to make it clearer lol Maybe a No-hitter/no-scorer. This >120 old sport needs to change for me.

The issue is that it was not a full nine innings of no-hit ball. If Cincy was the home team and lost a 1-0 in this manner, it would be a no hitter because the Pirates would have gotten no hits in 9 innings of attempts.

Here is my favorite near no-hitter

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA199007010.shtml

Last edited:
If someone can explain to me how what happened in the first inning of the rangers v. Astros game was not the infield fly rule I would appreciate it. And yes I admit by asking I am relinquishing my man card.

If someone can explain to me how what happened in the first inning of the rangers v. Astros game was not the infield fly rule I would appreciate it. And yes I admit by asking I am relinquishing my man card.

What happened? I looked at the play by play log and don’t see anything that would invoke infield fly.

What happened? I looked at the play by play log and don’t see anything that would invoke infield fly.

Man on first. Pop up to 2nd. 2nd baseman intentionally let’s the ball drop in front of him. Throws to first, tags the man standing on first and then touches the bag getting out the runner. They reversed the call afterwards saying they never tagged the man on first before touching the bag. But infield fly never came into it.

Phils fire Girardi....

Feel like that team was poorly constructed, but the skipper takes the hit.

Phils fire Girardi....

The important of a baseball manager is generally overstated. They are the easy scapegoats.

Phils fire Girardi....

Yep and in the bottom half or lower in defense. Whoever was responsible for Harper signing ought to get shit canned.

Phils fire Girardi....

I don't think Girardi's bullpen management was doing us any favors, but the real problem with that team is a total lack of player development that generates very few useful pieces (even in a bullpen/bench role), which leads to the weird roster construction.

The Harper signing was fine, or would be fine if our minor league system had delivered. Signing two DHs in the offseason was a bad allocation of resources. (IMO, Castellanos was a good choice, Schwarber at his current salary was not).

Angels fired Maddon today. Similar situation to Girardi, except Maddon has a better track record as a manager.

Back