• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perhaps the Tag Line at the Top Needs to Be Changed

DeacMan

Reaction score
Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of t
I don't like threads that suggest X or Y player sucks or should transfer. Never have liked that type of stuff. But based on how these boards were founded in the first place, that shit should be combatted in the thread vs. just locking down threads.

If the "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely" tag line is no longer the case, fine. Just lay out the exact rules (maybe they exist in some part of the forums already) and change the tag line.

Either way can work. But be clear.

yea i mean i paid to be here so that shit is unclear

I don't like threads that suggest X or Y player sucks or should transfer. Never have liked that type of stuff. But based on how these boards were founded in the first place, that shit should be combatted in the thread vs. just locking down threads.

If the "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely" tag line is no longer the case, fine. Just lay out the exact rules (maybe they exist in some part of the forums already) and change the tag line.

Either way can work. But be clear.

I think the "don't be an asshole" rule is a pretty good rule to live by, but idk that's just me

I think the "don't be an asshole" rule is a pretty good rule to live by, but idk that's just me

That's fine. You can write out what that means. No rule is ever entirely objective in its enforcement. I really don't care which way it goes. Just noting these boards were founded on the idea people could say whatever they wanted without having moderators enforce rules on them. Locking up threads bc someone is saying (over and over and over) they think X player isn't good enough doesn't fit that original intent.

Again, either way works, Just make the guardrails clear.

"Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely...unless you're an asshole" should do the trick.

There's discussion of the matter, which is allowed, vs blatantly click-baity and shitty thread titles calling out players individually IMO.

Show me where we've censored any of the chatter on game threads or the season discussion threads re: this matter. Your free discussion is still alive and well.

There's discussion of the matter, which is allowed, vs blatantly click-baity and shitty thread titles calling out players individually IMO.

Show me where we've censored any of the chatter on game threads or the season discussion threads re: this matter. Your free discussion is still alive and well.

That is child's play compared to how some players were treated years ago (in part bc some of the people who have been hanging around some version of these boards for literally decades were younger and dumber back in the day).

This version of the boards was supposed to be totally hands off. It's fine if that's evolved. Just make some guidelines (if they already exist, great) and explain actions.

This version of the boards was supposed to be totally hands off.

It wasn’t though. The Don’t be an asshole rule has been around since Day 1. It doesn’t need to be spelled out. Everyone knows what it means.

That is child's play compared to how some players were treated years ago (in part bc some of the people who have been hanging around some version of these boards for literally decades were younger and dumber back in the day).

This version of the boards was supposed to be totally hands off. It's fine if that's evolved. Just make some guidelines (if they already exist, great) and explain actions.

LOL says who?

An un-moderated forum just becomes 4chan, go post there if you'd like.

Threads get locked all the time when they no longer have any productive outcome or discussion happening and/or reflect poorly on the community (or sometimes, even if they're duplicative with other threads, turns out we do actual do a lot of moderating here).

Threads get locked all the time when they no longer have any productive outcome or discussion happening and/or reflect poorly on the community (or sometimes, even if they're duplicative with other threads, turns out we do actual do a lot of moderating here).

"Productive outcomes". You can lock this thread then.

"Productive outcomes". You can lock this thread then.

FFS, go read the thread.

It was him posting his shitty call-out, mostly people calling it out as a bad thread. Then it died and wasn't posted on again for a week when the guy decided to bump on his own thread using an alias/friend's account after being banned (just to announce he was saving his slander for a later date).

So yeah, if you bump this thread after it's been dead for a week on an alias/another account because you'd been banned on your main, I'll probably lock it too.

Pretty funny approach to instruct us how to moderate this forum after you did such a great job as mod on TOB back in the day.

Back