• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Carolina

You are full of crap if you are contending that Duke athletes don’t take courses at NCCU because they are much easier than Duke classes. Duke non-athletes are top 2% of high school class types. NCCU students are generally bottom half of high school class material. Get real.

A best friend of mine didn’t do so hot on the LSAT, got rejected by a few big name schools, went to NC Central for law school and was 3rd in his 1L class. He then transferred to Wake Law and I’m pretty sure he graduated 2nd in his class and on the Law Review.

As an example of WFU transferring of credits from summer school course, I had a frat brother from Durham who took a summer course at UNC and thought the grade wouldn’t count towards his GPA. Well, it didn’t if it was an A or B, but my frat brother cruised by in the course and made a C. His GPA was over 3.0 at WFU, which was cum laude in the late 70’s. He thought he had graduated with that distinction until the registrar informed him that the C brought his GPA down to 2.999. I think he was offered the opportunity to take another class at UNC for those credits and make an A or B to substitute those 3 credits and graduate cum laude. I think he just let it go. But that’s why WFU grads might see the Duke/NCCU arrangement as a joke for a school with a national reputation

I actually had transfer credits from Duke summer school accepted at Wake.

A best friend of mine didn’t do so hot on the LSAT, got rejected by a few big name schools, went to NC Central for law school and was 3rd in his 1L class. He then transferred to Wake Law and I’m pretty sure he graduated 2nd in his class and on the Law Review.

The NCCU law school routinely has the lowest bar passage rate in NC, but there are great lawyers who graduated from there. The night program is full of smart people who have good jobs and need to work while attending law school. But we are talking about garden variety NCCU undergrad courses being taken by Duke athletes.

22, you’re being willingly ignorant in the face of simple facts. Just stop. You don’t have lawyer your way around this. Just accept the facts and stop.

The NCCU law school routinely has the lowest bar passage rate in NC, but there are great lawyers who graduated from there. The night program is full of smart people who have good jobs and need to work while attending law school. But we are talking about garden variety NCCU undergrad courses being taken by Duke athletes.

NCCU law evening program is extremely selective because it is the only evening program anywhere in the area so anyone wanting to go to law school while they are working has to go there. My class had PhD scientists, physicians, dentists, business executives, etc. - the quality of student was tremendous. And actually, the instructors in the evening program were amazing. We had pretty much 100% bar passage every year.

I took summer classes at App St. every year and never had any problem getting the credits to transfer - and the grades counted toward my "all-school" GPA. I knocked out basic requirements for Amer. Lit, British Lit, Psych., Soc., - and I think 1 or 2 others.

I transferred into wake from gt and uncg and my classes transferred ok.

Idk why y'all assume the way it worked at wake in the 1980s is still the way it works today

So, if they take only one course per semester and meet the criteria, then there are no issues.

If they take more than one course per semester or don't meet the criteria, then there are issues.

Seems simple.

Idk why y'all assume the way it worked at wake in the 1980s is still the way it works today

Gotcha. WFU has loosened up on the grade deflation over the years so perhaps it’s more liberal with the transferral of courses from other colleges. IDK.

Gotcha. WFU has loosened up on the grade deflation over the years so perhaps it’s more liberal with the transferral of courses from other colleges. IDK.

I get the sense that it's quite the opposite: that wake is stricter than it used to be about accepting credits. And even more stingy about allowing credits earned at other institutions to count toward gpa.

(at least on the evidence of scooter's post that he was getting app st. courses to count toward his gpa)

(I fought and lost the battle to have wake count toward my gpa courses from my term at oxford)

I feel like this NCCU argument, aside from everything else, is a bygone Duke era. When was the last time they pretended to be interested in graduating players at Duke? This went out the door with Jason Williams.

All this Duke sympathizing is making me sick. Fuck Duke, fuck their fake classes and bitch asses.

Does anyone learn for the sake of learning at universities anymore? Is it all credentialing now?

That's one of the biggest debates in the higher ed space, but credentialing is winning.

Back