• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Carolina

awakegirl

Reaction score
Do I actually have to root for Duke in order to help our tournament chances? The idea of rooting against Ratface at his big reunion after all of this ridiculous hype is just way too tempting.

No. The basic rule for the Duke-Carolina game is to always want the visiting team to win, preferably in a fashion that makes the home team feel like they got screwed. This is especially true today. I would like nothing more than for UNC to spoil K's last home game.

And give Hubert Davis a big win that makes UNC a lock? No.

Always root against duke.

So today I'm just not going to watch or check the score until the game has concluded

And give Hubert Davis a big win that makes UNC a lock? No.

I think UNC is already probably in no matter what happens tonight. I’d be satisfied if Hubert had the type of career where his teams lose a lot more than Carolina is used to but he hangs onto his job by beating Duke.

First, you never, ever, ever actively root for either one to win. When it helps Wake, you can root for one to lose. But you never root for one to win. Fuck those guys.

I can't root for either team. So, I won't. I will note that UNC is #38 in the NET rankings and if they got into the Top 30, our win against them becomes a Quad 1 victory. That's not enough to push me in their direction, but them winning wouldn't be an unequivocal negative for us.

Just fuck em all to death and don’t pay attention to the game.

Best result for Wake, is a dook blow out of the holes. They have a national stage to embarrass themselves on. A close heartbreaking loss for UNC will be treated like a win, while ours would be just a footnote.

Rather give ESPN a nothing game to talk about.

No. The basic rule for the Duke-Carolina game is to always want the visiting team to win, preferably in a fashion that makes the home team feel like they got screwed. This is especially true today. I would like nothing more than for UNC to spoil K's last home game.
this

I wouldn't root for Dook and Coach RatFace if he was playing Putin and the Red Army.
Ok, maybe in that instance. Still wouldn't be easy.

This is the algorithm which maximizes the disappointed fans… ( I used to say I’d pull for the gym to blow up but that’s not funny anymore)

This is the algorithm which maximizes the disappointed fans… ( I used to say I’d pull for the gym to blow up but that’s not funny anymore)

Not sure I agree with that. Dook gets screwed they move on to their #1 ACCT seed and likly #2 NCAAT seed.

UNC get's screwed, they would get more credit for a loss than any other team in our league or maybe the NCAA.

Maximum angst for a fanbase would to be on the bubble, get blown out and look like a rec league team in the process. I wouldn't root for either of them, but it seems the best outcome overall.

Just don't understand why this game is so under-hyped.

Texas / Kansas effing up the coronation event!! LOVE IT!!!!

Texas / Kansas effing up the coronation event!! LOVE IT!!!!

My 75 year old dad and 9 year old son- both of whom are die hard awake fans because of me, are celebrating over this watching the game. It’s pretty cute.

Back