• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Seeding and WF's Potential Opponents / Game Times

I've felt the same way ever since they went to the double bye after adding so many teams. So what if other conference tournaments do something awful? What was that, like 2013? Not even 10 years ago, there's no tradition to it.

It's giving horrible coaches and teams "ACC tournament victories" that really gets to me.

Joel Berry is just horrible as an analyst. This is the best the ACCN could do?

really can't name a good analyst or play by play guy. Some are less irritating but they all seem to talk constantly and don't add anything meaningful.

I blame the expansion beyond 12 and our hiring of Redacted for killing Day 1 of the ACCT.

from KP's beginnings until WF fired Dino, the worst ACC team in history was 2002 UNC at #137. Most years the ACC had everyone ranked in the top 100. Dino's last year of 2010, the worst team in the ACC according to KP was Virginia at #76. So back then, even the preliminary games featured decent teams.

then we hired Redacted, and WF finished #259 (BC beat us at #261 the following year). Since 2011, the ACC has had at least one team finish below #150 every single year. So now, Day 1 has really bad teams playing bad basketball.

My best estimate is there are 100 media here and 700 fans.

Tournament never should have left NC. We were stupid to let Maryland strong arm us into playing it in DC and start this trend.

Little bit of an overreaction from DCDeac since all the other giant conferences have a day like this too. We're not alone

No, it's not. The "other conferences have shitty tournaments" argument is worthless. We were the granddaddy of all conference hoops tournaments. We should always be a step ahead of other conferences. And we aren't.

At least the last two games aren’t at 7:00 and 9:30. Can’t pretend this is prime time viewing.

nice job, ACC:

State Clemson might be the worst game in ACC history

I mean, luckily nobody is walking through the door and looking at the bracket today anyway

I'd rather just give the first-place team the bye and go 2-15, 3-14, etc. Done in 4 days.

I believe the Southland conference tourney is played in a facility that has two courts separated by a curtain, and they do play opening round games simultaneously. FWIW, that seems rinky-dink.

Even so, don't understand the complaint about a five day tournament. For those that rag about the first day, don't watch it and just pretend like it starts on Wednesday.

God, State has no discipline, no sense of purpose. Seabron needs to turn pro or hit the portal.

Yeah, a 7 AM start would be a feature, not a bug

I believe the Southland conference tourney is played in a facility that has two courts separated by a curtain, and they do play opening round games simultaneously. FWIW, that seems rinky-dink.

Even so, don't understand the complaint about a five day tournament. For those that rag about the first day, don't watch it and just pretend like it starts on Wednesday.

I have been to that tournament. No curtain this year. The conference is down to 8 members. They lost 5 members, which included most of the traditionally better teams. They do not have a team in the top 200 of Kenpom this season.

Back