• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Seeding and WF's Potential Opponents / Game Times

thatguy2016

Reaction score
With UNC’s dismantling of Duke, here is how the seeds for the ACC tournament shake out:

1 - Duke
2 - Notre Dame
3 - UNC
4 - Miami
5 - WF
6 - UVA
7 - VT
8 - Florida St
9 - Syracuse
10 - Clemson
11 - Louisville (UL wins 3-way tiebreak with Pitt/BC based on H2H)
12 - Pitt
13 - Boston College
14 - Georgia Tech
15 - NC State

Tuesday's ACCT games will be:
2:00: #12 Pitt vs #13 BC, with winner to face WF on Wednesday
4:30: #10 Clemson vs. #15 NC State, winner gets VT
7:00: #11 Louisville vs. #14 GT, winner gets UVA

Wednesday:
12:00: #8 FSU vs. #9 Cuse, winner gets Duke Thursday
2:30: #5 WF vs. Pitt/BC winner; winner gets Miami Thursday
7:00: #7 VT vs. Clem/NCSU winner; winner gets ND Thursday
9:30: #6 UVA vs. UL/GT winner; winner gets UNC Thursday

Thursday:
12:00: #1 Duke vs. FSU/Cuse
2:30: #4 Miami vs. WF/Pitt/BC
7:00: #2 ND vs. VT/Clem/NCSU
9:30: #3 UNC vs. UVA/UL/GT

Semis - would be Friday starting at 7:00 pm

Early afternoon games through Thursday. It's good to care again.

Last edited:
UNC over Duke tonight in a stunner. BC over Pitt on Tuesday. Deacs play BC Wednesday. Then play Miami on a revenge tour for the ages. Miami-Duke-Title.

I have two bosses and I have one on one meetings with them at 2:30 and 3:30pm Wednesday. :willynilly:

I have two bosses and I have one on one meetings with them at 2:30 and 3:30pm Wednesday. :willynilly:

I have my standing 1:1 with my boss Wednesdays from 230-330. That will be getting moved this week.

I like the draw. Should beat BC/Pitt (if we don’t, we deserve whatever fate awaits us). Playing Miami in the quarters just feels right - no way we go 0-3 against those fuckers this year. Then may as well bring on Duke - revenge time for the loss at Cameron a few weeks ago. Title game is an anti-climatic affair.

Assuming FSU takes care of Buddy. In their last 3 games they've beaten @UVA, ND and State. The good news is any of kaye's antics will be played out, likely, for FSU. FSU looks like they woke up and if healthier, I wouldn't put it past them to shock dook.

Thankfully I have the luxury to cancel shit during the day. I will now be doing that.

I like the draw. Should beat BC/Pitt (if we don’t, we deserve whatever fate awaits us). Playing Miami in the quarters just feels right - no way we go 0-3 against those fuckers this year. Then may as well bring on Duke - revenge time for the loss at Cameron a few weeks ago. Title game is an anti-climatic affair.

Considering that we have only played in the title game 3 times in my 51 years, it would never be anti-climatic.

Theacc.com hasn’t even updated their bracket. Small time.

Time for the ACC COY and ACC POY to go to Brooklyn and win some games! LFG!

Pitt has lost four-straight and the last three games were blowouts. Not sure they are bringing much effort. BC has at least been scrappy, assuming they win.

It would be nice if we could get a larger rotation going in the second-round than usual to give some guys a few minutes less before Miami. Solid minutes from Hildreth and Monsanto would be good.

Hope we pound it inside against Miami and limit turnovers. Walton and Jake need a lot of touches, make them defend inside where they are weak. They are going to hit some shots, they are just too good offensively not to. Almost no one has stopped their offense in conference. They lost 5 ACC games by a combined 10 points. They haven't been blown out since Alabama in November. Virginia gave them the most trouble (0-2) especially on the road - they had 0 FTA (lol) and shot awful from 3. That was their only "bad" game in the entire conference schedule.

It will be another close game. We shot fine both games, and lost. FTs and TOs hurt us.

Hoping FSU gets past Syracuse and puts up a fight against Duke. They are getting healthier and Butler is starting to play well for them, another 7-footer.

I actually feel like the single bye (instead of double) will help us because we will be on the longest break of any team in the conference coming into the tournament. We were the only ACC team who didn't play on Saturday. Use the Pitt/BC game to shake off the rust and (hopefully) come out swinging against Miami.

FWIW, the ACC tourney expanded from 9 teams to 11 in 2005, then expanded to 12 teams in 2006, and then to 15 starting in 2014.

So, there have been 16 ACC tourneys played with a full slate of games for 4 days (beginning in 2005) and starting in 2014, there have been 5 days of games with double byes to the top 4 seeds. In those 16 "post-expansion" ACC tourneys, only one team has won the ACC tournament having played tourney games over 4 days (no one has even made the final playing all 5 days). IOW, since the league expanded, one team seeded worse than #4 has ever won the ACC tournament (2017 -- Duke was the #5 seed, and beat #3 seed ND in the ACC Final). In addition, 5 teams seeded #5 or below have made it to the ACC final, the most recent was in 2018, when #6 seed UNC beat Cuse, Miami and Duke to reach the ACC Final, but then lost to #1 seed UVA.

Just a few hours away from the start of the ACCT, and what better programs to tip off a tournament in Brooklyn than longtime ACC stalwarts Boston College and Pittsburgh!

(thank you, NC State, for representing the Big Four on this day, since the Deacs are finally not there to play #onaTuesday)

Tuesday afternoon....where our season has typically ended two days before the top teams even began post season play.

Back