• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes Contract Extension

Good move to wrap him up. It's obvious he can coach, even if we had only been a .500 team this year. Plus, I like the guy. He said "bullshit" during a presser and is pretty much the opposite of the stuffy Wake crowd that we are used to.

So now we have coaching stability, the reigning ACC COY, an improved program, and as others have said, Duke and UNC with their "D'oh!" candidates as coach. Time to rise and shine.

The last 2 basketball coaching extensions we have handed out have been wildly successful. :couch:

But I think this one will be.

Homerun extension. Forbes is the right guy for the job. He will end up building something great here.

Currie is no dummy. Great press release.

Hope there’s a BIG buyout. Otherwise it’s just a press release. But press releases are important in this generation. It’s all 99% of folks reads anymore.

We have a great modern dude as our AD. He gets how this generation works.

Currie is no dummy. Great press release.

Hope there’s a BIG buyout. Otherwise it’s just a press release. But press releases are important in this generation. It’s all 99% of folks reads anymore.

We have a great modern dude as our AD. He gets how this generation works.

TL;DR

bumping because this is great, and because on the day when WF wins ACC POY, ACC COY, gets two guys on the first two All-ACC teams, and extends the coach's contract, giving us real hope for the first time in 15 years, the top thread on the sports board should not be "Duke-Carolina"

:circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circlejerk::circl::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I'm excited and rock hard at the moment. Great news!!

LOL

there are maryland fans on reddit claiming they "didn't want Forbes anyway"

reminds me of when bobby lutz said he wasn't going to take the wake job

dawg - no one asked you

LOL

dawg - no one asked you

The loud rumor is that UMd@Alaska is after Pitino.

I mean they have Manning, that isn't working for them?

LOL

dawg - no one asked you

This is likely to be the coaching cycle where MD finds out they aren't a "top 10" job. The fans are convinced they are a big time job and ran Turgeon out becauase he couldn't get past the Sweet Sixteen.

Time will tell how it goes.

This is likely to be the coaching cycle where MD finds out they aren't a "top 10" job. The fans are convinced they are a big time job and ran Turgeon out becauase he couldn't get past the Sweet Sixteen.

Time will tell how it goes.

They used to be a top 10 job or close to it, but Yow moving them to the B1G has really hurt their revenue sports. Their football team was never going to compete in what is a much more difficult conference. And I think leaving all their traditional rivals in UVA, Duke and UNC really diminished their basketball brand. Nobody cares about watching UMd playing a tOSU or MSU, whereas those 90s-00s tilts against Duke, UNC and UVA were must watch basketball, especially some of those Duke games. I gotta think that made it harder on recruiting over time, especially considering they really haven't developed any natural rivalries in the B1G. I think they've become the B1G's version of NC St - a once proud and storied program which has spent the last 30 years in the wilderness with a delusional fan base. Ain't no way I'd consider UMd if I were an up and coming smaller conference coach. I agree with you and believe Turgeon redeems himself elsewhere long before UMd does.

Time for the 11,500 seat on campus arena.

Their arena is sweet. I had only been to games at Cole. But I was up watching a women's lax tourney 2 years ago, and in between games we walked in there to check it out, and it's a state of the art facility.

Back