• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes Contract Extension

deachus

Reaction score

Sweet!

We've got both the football and hoops COY extended for the long term!

Hard to deny the momentum we have right now, and it's coming at the perfect time with UNC and Duke going through their coaching changes. It would be a perfect time to announce a long term plan for the arena, whether a new one or massive upgrades to the Joel.

Currie: "I expect Coach Forbes will finish his career as a Demon Deacon and in the process hang multiple championship banners inside Joel Coliseum and the incredible Shah Basketball Complex."

#donaldrossbatsignal

Yep, if we're going to be hanging multiple championship banners in the Joel, if anything we may have to make it even BIGGER. :)

What a morning.
abell46s-reface.gif

Does anyone know where Forbes got his gold pants? I think they are gold slacks but could be wrong

Pretty surprised about this. The guy can't even give Robert McCray the right amount of playing time and now we are giving him a long term extension?

Ok, I feel bad that my only post here is a joke about silly fans. Big Congrats to Forbes and the team and all Deacons. I am so glad Currie had the courage to make a move in 2020.

Damn, guess we won't be dropping him and going after HOF Wes.

Pretty surprised about this. The guy can't even give Robert McCray the right amount of playing time and now we are giving him a long term extension?

I had forgotten about McCray until his monster dunk earlier this year. To be honest I'm scared about next season because of how senior heavy we are but enjoying the ride right now.

If we didn't commit to Forbes now he could have easily parlayed the massive interest in him combined with our lack of committment into a larger school P5 job. Right move by Currie.

Back