• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

So his dad is going to pile on and keep his son from playing in his final game at the program he built? I'm not saying it wouldn't have been the high road, but good lord that is a lofty one.

It's a moot point bc Buddy is going to get suspended.

I would expect a parent and coach to hold his son and player accountable for letting his emotions get the better of him.

So his dad is going to pile on and keep his son from playing in his final game at the program he built? I'm not saying it wouldn't have been the high road, but good lord that is a lofty one.

It's a moot point bc Buddy is going to get suspended.

For real. Rec league dad coach logic falls apart when you’re playing Duke in less than 24 hours.

I mean, you've got to expect a tight game when it's such a heated rivalry. We were always going to get their best shot.

#TheRivalry

my usual rant: at some point people will stop being anti-3 pointer, the same way we’ve stopped hearing about “establishing the run”, “hitting the ball on the ground” and other old school strategies that don’t help teams win.

it’s pretty simple math — in half-court offense, then best college teams score about 0.9 points per possession. the best midrange shooters, for example, shoot around 50%.

point is: if a 30% 3-point shooter takes a 3, that’s already an expected 0.9 points (pretty good), even ignoring the chance of getting an offensive rebound (around 25%) and subsequent scoring opportunity. there’s definitely something to using the early part of the shot clock to get an even better shot (typically layups or dunks off cuts) but in most instances getting a fairly open three for a competent shooter out of the half-court offense is a great outcome.

Well if you told me at the beginning of the year that we had 20 mins to play good basketball and if we would win the half in our 1st ACC tourney game that we would be in the NCAA I would call you crazy, so thankful to be here but really going to be painful if we lose the 2nd half due to this knotheaded play by many.

my usual rant: at some point people will stop being anti-3 pointer, the same way we’ve stopped hearing about “establishing the run”, “hitting the ball on the ground” and other old school strategies that don’t help teams win.

it’s pretty simple math — in half-court offense, then best college teams score about 0.9 points per possession. the best midrange shooters, for example, shoot around 50%.

point is: if a 30% 3-point shooter takes a 3, that’s already an expected 0.9 points (pretty good), even ignoring the chance of getting an offensive rebound (around 25%) and subsequent scoring opportunity. there’s definitely something to using the early part of the shot clock to get an even better shot (typically layups or dunks off cuts) but in most instances getting a fairly open three for a competent shooter out of the half-court offense is a great outcome.

chevy-chase.gif

Also we are not going very far if guys like Williamson just pass up open 3s. I do think a couple were ill advised.

That halftime was about 2 minutes longer than usual.

Sy gives us a better chance to win than Walton does right now. Need him now.

Manman needs to start thinking about that scoring title and take over!!!!

these refs are such garbage

how many fucking steps on that one

Back