• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

I think we need to win two games to avoid being very nervous re: Dayton, or worse, on Sunday

expecting a relatively easy win today. Let's GO!

Patrick Stevens writes for the WP:

Yeah, winning today is about avoiding a terrible loss more than gaining another win. A loss, which I don't see happening, would provide a very good reason to keep us out. Let's hope everybody is ready to play and healthy.

Wake fans have to be among the most gun shy in the country, and for good reason. Time to reverse history.

I felt the same about the Braves in the playoffs last year. I wouldn't believe anything good was going to happen until it did after years of disappointment. Last time the Braves won the World Series Wake won the ACC tournament so there's that :)

If we win today I don't think we have to worry about Dayton.

To me, today's game has nothing to do with our not laying and egg and getting put on the bubble, and everything to do with demonstrating that we're hungry and ready to make some noise in the postseason (both ACC and national tournaments). If we truly want to be deemed relevant both in the conference and nationally after 10 years, it has to start today.

What do you all know about this “Fulton Hall” bar in Brooklyn that the Wake basketball twitter account is posting? Is it a real Wake bar or just a promotional pop-up for the tournament?

This place closes at 12? What is it, a local ordinance or they just don't have any bar crowd?

A surfboard, a water ski and a mounted deer head with a hat on it screams avoid this place at all costs.

Well damn that makes me want to drive up to NYC.

This place closes at 12? What is it, a local ordinance or they just don't have any bar crowd?

A surfboard, a water ski and a mounted deer head with a hat on it screams avoid this place at all costs.

there have been recent issues with WF Basketball-affiliated people causing trouble in NYC after midnight

NEVER go to the Wake sponsored event if it can be avoided, especially if you have to pay anything.

Disclaimer: This one might be way better than everything else.

Last edited:
Leave it to Wake to go to a cool place like Brooklyn and rent out dorkville. Must have got it on the cheap.

Seriously, who in the hell made this decision? It looks like Applebee's.

Hoping Monsanto and Hildreth get a fair amount of run today. Maybe a Rob sighting as well. If Whitt could get 16 minutes last time, think we can have a deep bench again.

Grant has the Eagles playing tough even if they aren't very good, they won't roll over like Pitt or State.

BC fans I talk to have 0 confidence they will win today, but they are more optimistic on Grant than other recent hires.

My only concern about Monsanto is that he might not have back-to-backs in him at this point, and I think he'd be more useful against Wong/McGusty, but I dunno. Hope we get out early and can be selective about who gets run.

Hoping Monsanto and Hildreth get a fair amount of run today. Maybe a Rob sighting as well. If Whitt could get 16 minutes last time, think we can have a deep bench again.

Grant has the Eagles playing tough even if they aren't very good, they won't roll over like Pitt or State.

BC fans I talk to have 0 confidence they will win today, but they are more optimistic on Grant than other recent hires.

Yeah BC has a new coach so we know that the team won't roll over and die knowing it might be his last game a la Capel or Keatts

Not even in the ballpark.

It looks like a generic venue intended to be rented out for parties or pop up events. When I saw the facade my first thought was Aramark catering

Back