• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

This has probably been mentioned but doesn't ESPN Or CBS have camera crews on various bubble teams each year? Anybody know if we'll be one of em (a team with a camera crew on us)?

Maybe they do but for some reason I feel like I would remember seeing the disappointments, and I don't. Maybe I just haven't been as tuned in the last few years. What I recall is the tv cameras on all the teams that were definitely in and celebrating.

Listen to DR y'all, if the admin had we coulda had WES!, who just lead either the best or second best basketball program in its conference to an eighth place finish

Maybe they do but for some reason I feel like I would remember seeing the disappointments, and I don't. Maybe I just haven't been as tuned in the last few years. What I recall is the tv cameras on all the teams that were definitely in and celebrating.

They get 1-3 sad teams most years

I don't think that's right, I can't ever recall CBS showing sad teams during their show -- not exactly what they're going for. They do show cameras at various sites -- including teams that don't end up making it -- throughout the show being like "these teams are waiting to see if they get in," but when they don't you never see them afterwards.

ESPN is a possibility I suppose but even then I can't remember them really showing sad teams either

I don't think that's right, I can't ever recall CBS showing sad teams during their show -- not exactly what they're going for. They do show cameras at various sites -- including teams that don't end up making it -- throughout the show being like "these teams are waiting to see if they get in," but when they don't you never see them afterwards.

ESPN is a possibility I suppose but even then I can't remember them really showing sad teams either

Yeah - there is no climactic moment when the realization sets in you're out. Which unfortunately for us prob hasn't fully happened yet (I do wonder what Coach was saying behind the scenes - I can't imagine it would be easy to get the guys excited for NIT).

If things are in any way similar to how they were when I was Wake and was a freshman RA for a bball player I’m sure other students with Internet access have shared our likely destiny with at least some of the players (unless this is spring break or something).

Listen to DR y'all, if the admin had we coulda had WES!, who just lead either the best or second best basketball program in its conference to an eighth place finish

Not sure why you brought up Miller. He has a way better job and will never again be a possibility for Wake.

Miller, however, is way ahead of Forbes after year 1. It will be interesting to see if Miller, unlike Forbes, can actually succeed in year 2 and lead his team to the Big Dance.

I guess they have stopped doing that. My bad.

I remember seeing Josh Shoemaker and the boys looking quite sad when FSU got in and WF did not.

They (CBS or ESPN) definitely had the cameras on us one year when we were on the bubble and didn't make it. It was in 1999 or so.

From the "proctologists" as Forbes has called them, there really is no need for any cameras on us tonight. :dumb:

Not sure why you brought up Miller. He has a way better job and will never again be a possibility for Wake.

Miller, however, is way ahead of Forbes after year 1. It will be interesting to see if Miller, unlike Forbes, can actually succeed in year 2 and lead his team to the Big Dance.

Better get his ass in gear with the Big 12 in the horizon. If he can't best the likes of Tulane, Tulsa, Temple, etc., in the standings, it ain't looking good.

Gonna need a Forbes style turnaround to get things cooking there, but I don't believe Wessy is capable of such things

Back