• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, PETER LUGER

Conor also loses points for fucking up his Wire reference.

Last edited:
Solid A- performance. Missed opportunity on "cowtowing", otherwise strong.

He didn’t miss it. He just spelled it correctly. Grade A post with some prime ribbing.

Maryland went to Fogo de Chao every night one of the year's they finished 2nd in the ACC tourney. Somehow they didn't all cramp up and become unfocused disasters.

We just watched a pretty good Duke team crater at home because of all the pressure thanks to K's victory lap. Same thing here. On the cusp of a tourney appearance, playing for the coach of the year, playing with the ACC player of the year, lots of guys playing in their last ACC tourney, loss would be disastrous, etc. So we get bricked 3's, missed free throws, and overanxious drives where we don't even wait for a pick. Look who played well - Monsanto, Jake, Cam - the guys with more chances and less baggage.

We still almost survived it, just hit one more damn free throw... But we didn't. Could Forbes have done more to loosen up the seniors? Maybe. Been quicker to put in Monsanto with Daivien and Mucius playing horribly? Maybe. Drawn up a play with our POY as a decoy since he was cramping? Ok yeah in hindsight, definitely. Did we still have a chance to win on the final possession despite so many guys just having awful individual games? Yes.

But the damn steak dinner didn't have a thing to do with it. That some fans think it did just shows how unrelatable college sports are to folks.

Good post, however I'd rather these insaneos blame a random restaurateur than blaming everything on Carter Whitt and calling on him to transfer

Good post, however I'd rather these insaneos blame a random restaurateur than blaming everything on Carter Whitt and calling on him to transfer

If Cater Whitt was capable at this point, he would have been able to play for Davien, who would not have fouled out...

No one is seriously claiming that a steak dinner cost them the BC game. The dinner, the video from the dinner, the accolades surrounding the ACC POY and COY decisions gave the appearance that the team was distracted and on its high horse going into the game and those appearances were seemingly reflected in WF's play to start the game on Wednesday. Anyone who watched the first 10 minutes could see that BC was the more aggressive and hungrier team. Think Bilas is overrated as a college basketball analyst, but he observed yesterday that WF may have been ready to play on Wednesday, "but BC was ready to fight". Think there was something to that.

Even with all that, WF rallied and was up 10 with 6 minutes left, and BC got FTs on almost every late game possession (and made them), while WF missed a ton of FTs late in the game; so, of course, FT shooting and reffs sympathetic to BC after Grant's tantrum were more direct causes of the loss. As with any OT game, literally any and every play during regulation could have changed the outcome. So, no, the steak dinner didn't cost WF the game, but the attitude that WF took into the game was a contributing factor in the outcome. The fancy dinner was a sign of what was to come. Could be wrong, but would guess WF has a different ACCT pre-game agenda next year (and in the NCAAT this year if WF qualifies) and starts those games with a different attitude.

Last edited:
No one is seriously claiming that a steak dinner cost them the BC game. The dinner, the video from the dinner, the accolades surrounding the ACC POY and COY decisions gave the appearance that the team was distracted and on its high horse going into the game and those appearances were seemingly reflected in WF's play to start the game on Wednesday. Anyone who watched the first 10 minutes could see that BC was the more aggressive and hungrier team. Think Bilas is overrated as a college basketball analyst, but he observed yesterday that WF may have been ready to play on Wednesday, "but BC was ready to fight". Think there was something to that.

Even with all that, WF rallied and was up 10 with 6 minutes left, and BC got FTs on almost every possessions (and made them), while WF missed a ton of FTs late in the game. As with any OT game, literally any and every play during regulation could have changed the outcome. So, no, the steak dinner didn't cost WF the game, but the attitude that WF took into the game was a contributing factor in the outcome. The fancy dinner was a sign of what was to come. Could be wrong, but would guess WF has a different pre-game agenda next year (and in the NCAAT this year if WF qualifies) and starts those games with a different attitude.

Good post. Here is some shocking video comparing how Wake and BC were preparing for the game.

Pilchard — This board was as much a contributing factor as the steaks. Can’t believe I had to argue with people seriously saying we should retire Man Man’s jersey.

The players read this stuff. And this group told them full scale how much they had accomplished - when really they were 5th and hadn’t done anything.

You know, I regretted saying that about 5 minutes after hitting send. That's my bad, it was fucked up. I hate snitch-tagging and shouldn't have sent that.

It's mind-blowing to me that there's so much focus on a steak dinner being the cause of the loss. The "we self-destructed defensively" quote from Forbes was perfect, I thought. That had nothing to do with a big meal.

All shots at me for calling out this thread are warranted.

Fucking up The Wire reference and drawing attention here ... again, my bad.

Conor also loses points for fucking up his Wire reference.

I’ve known Bushmills was Protestant whiskey for as long as I’ve known what Bushmills was.

It’s the only Irish Whiskey Opera House served when I was at Wake.

Back