• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, PETER LUGER

You know, I regretted saying that about 5 minutes after hitting send. That's my bad, it was fucked up. I hate snitch-tagging and shouldn't have sent that.

It's mind-blowing to me that there's so much focus on a steak dinner being the cause of the loss. The "we self-destructed defensively" quote from Forbes was perfect, I thought. That had nothing to do with a big meal.

All shots at me for calling out this thread are warranted.

Fucking up The Wire reference and drawing attention here ... again, my bad.

You know, I regretted saying that about 5 minutes after hitting send. That's my bad, it was fucked up. I hate snitch-tagging and shouldn't have sent that.

It's mind-blowing to me that there's so much focus on a steak dinner being the cause of the loss. The "we self-destructed defensively" quote from Forbes was perfect, I thought. That had nothing to do with a big meal.

I'm not sure you understand just how typical that loss was. Wake is 2-15 in the ACC since Skip passed and we weren't even that good with Skip. Half of Wake's ACC Tournament wins since 1990 were in the Duncan years (8). Many of our losses were to lower seeds.

You're new to this community, so you don't know how many times Wake fans have heard coaches and players come out after a November loss in football or late Feb/March loss in hoops and say "we were overconfident" or "the other team wanted it more" when they needed a win to make a bowl or the NCAA or NIT. So yeah, a video of the coaches and team out at a fancy steakhouse listening to a multi-millionaire talk about "destiny" didn't match the GGTT blue-collar effort this team needed to show in the ACC Tournament to make it into the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you understand just how typically that loss was. Wake is 2-15 in the ACC since Skip passed and we weren't even that good with Skip. You're new to this community, so you don't know how many times Wake fans have heard coaches and players come out after a March loss and say "we were overconfident" or "the other team wanted it more." So yeah, a video of the coaches and team out at a fancy steakhouse listening to a multi-millionaire talk about "destiny" didn't match the GGTT blue-collar effort this team needed to show in the ACC Tournament to make it into the NCAA Tournament.

yeah, this

was going to point out that we have self-destructed in the postseason for going on 40 years, since we retired Meyer, as 2&2 pointed out in his opening salvo

Pilchard — This board was as much a contributing factor as the steaks. Can’t believe I had to argue with people seriously saying we should retire Man Man’s jersey.

The players read this stuff. And this group told them full scale how much they had accomplished - when really they were 5th and hadn’t done anything.

Agree on the jersey retirement. That said, my track record was so unbelievably off on Alondes that I have zero credibility when it comes to any opinions regarding ManMan. So, can't get involved on that issue. There are family and friends who literally couldn't name a single college basketball player, but also who could not have been more eager to remind me this week of my initial assessment of ManMan when Alondes won ACCPOY. If there was a jersey hanging for bad takes in message board history, there would be no debate about unfurling that assessment.

We haven't even played an acc tournament game on the same day as the #1 seed since 2010. Its 2022. You don't want the fanbase to engage in micro criticisms then put together a record of non-futile performance.

I know Forbes is inheriting this, but he is now 0-2 including a loss to a seed 8 spots below where we were.

I'm not sure you understand just how typical that loss was. Wake is 2-15 in the ACC since Skip passed and we weren't even that good with Skip. Half of Wake's ACC Tournament wins since 1990 were in the Duncan years (8). Many of our losses were to lower seeds.

You're new to this community, so you don't know how many times Wake fans have heard coaches and players come out after a November loss in football or late Feb/March loss in hoops and say "we were overconfident" or "the other team wanted it more" when they needed a win to make a bowl or the NCAA or NIT. So yeah, a video of the coaches and team out at a fancy steakhouse listening to a multi-millionaire talk about "destiny" didn't match the GGTT blue-collar effort this team needed to show in the ACC Tournament to make it into the NCAA Tournament.

100% this. Would only add that almost every one of those losses were to the crappiest teams in the ACC. During the Dino years, WF was a high (good) seed in the ACCT and would lose to crap teams in its first game of the tournament. Then, during the tenures of the next two incompetent coaches, the ACC had grown to the extent that WF was two wins away from actually playing a good team. So, WF is 2-15 against the BCs, Pitts, Miamis, Notre Dames, NC States and GTs, when those teams were having awful seasons, over the last decade and a half. WF is literally 2-15 against the ACC bottom feeders in the tournament. High Point would be better than 2-15 against those teams. F-ing BC, who doesn't really care about basketball, has won as many ACCT games in the last 48 hours than WF has in 15 years.

Last edited:
We haven't even played an acc tournament game on the same day as the #1 seed since 2010. Its 2022. You don't want the fanbase to engage in micro criticisms then put together a record of non-futile performance.

I know Forbes is inheriting this, but he is now 0-2 including a loss to a seed 8 spots below where we were.

The scary part is Forbes was 11-3 in the SOCON tournament. Yet the pain continues here.

last year's WF team found a pretty inventive way to lose a basketball game in the ACCT

Pilch favorite Brevin Galloway almost hit a 60-footer for the win

The scary part is Forbes was 11-3 in the SOCON tournament. Yet the pain continues here.

It seems like he doesn't feel the same sense of urgency in a multi-bid conference even though we were on the bubble.

“Peter Luger” is headed for the pantheon of March sadness phrases that instantly recall our postseason futility like nut punch, pittsnogle, Cleveland steamer

“Peter Luger” is headed for the pantheon of March sadness phrases that instantly recall our postseason futility like nut punch, pittsnogle, Cleveland steamer

Iraq War

CP3 taking a phone call from Michael Jordan during a team dinner on "The Season."

if you squint you can see a little fat dude trying sooooooo hard in the background.

Can you imagine Clawson saying this after 9 games, with a 7-2 record: 7 is good, 10 is very good and 13 is special”? Forbes gets way ahead of himself after wins. BC played great ball during the ACCT and had Miami beat in OT before going WF brain dead on the last possession, but we lacked focus at the start of the BC game and lost quite a few games this year after a big win.

AMEN!!!! I don't why some are so myopic and actually think any sane person is arguing eating steak caused a loss. My kids are grown so I have no idea what appeals to 20 year old kids these days. But I'll almost bet listening to some guy give a speech at a steakhouse ain't high on their list for motivation. But, I digress. Maybe they're into that these days.

Last edited:

Dude it was literally a joke.

Duke ruins everything it touches, even once good Wake media.

And we're immediately back to the shit takes.

We lost this game. Bunch of overweight, middle aged dad's on an anonymous message board, who were excited about our success this season. It was out fault and we need to own it. DR is right.

Back