• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

When is the NIT field announced…Monday?

Sunday night soon after the Selection Sunday show. I'm guessing Currie has already agreed to host if Wake isn't selected.

It’s probably 2 open slots with Xavier Wyoming Wake Dayton Oklahoma TAMU and SMU as the teams competing for these slots. I have Indiana and VT as in.

Last edited:
Did Wyoming's loss help or are they already ahead of us?

It’s probably 2 open slots with Xavier Wyoming Wake Dayton Oklahoma TAMU and SMU as the teams competing for these slots. I have Indiana and VT as in.

Agreed. Maybe the committee hates somebody like Rutgers based on bad losses/metrics or a flimsy resume like ND's too, possible

Did Wyoming's loss help or are they already ahead of us?

I think it helps. Wyoming and Xavier are highly questionable IMO for the tourney. Moreso than Wake. TAMU is a serious threat for one of the slots and maybe Oklahoma is just short with their loss tonight.

Way I see it there are 7 spots for these 12 teams:

Indiana, Michigan, Wake, ND, Wyoming, Oklahoma, VT, SMU, Xavier, TA&M, Dayton, Rutgers. I think Indiana and Michigan are comfortably in. The rest will be hotly debated and it could go anyway. Root hard for Memphis, Arkansas, Duke (eww) and Richmond tomorrow (then Davidson to advance to the finals and take out Richmond).

It’s hard to see a realistic path to the tournament now. I’d peg our odds at about 15% to make it. The last three days are like the unwiled ass era returning with a vengeance.

Agreed as the 2 open slots assumes no bid stealing. There could easily be 0 open slots without something off the wall happening. Of my list I think Oklahoma Xavier and Wyoming are in the worst shape. My gut says Wake is gonna get in if 2 slots remain open but I suspect it will be 0 or 1 and we are left out.

Last edited:
I can't disagree with any of your reasoning. I think it could go either way, but feel like 40% in - 60% out right now. I'm confused as to why ND is not being mentioned as being on the bubble as much as Wake is, and I continue to be surprised that they think that both Rutgers and Michigan are in. Feel like only one of the two of them should be. Think Xavier gets left out, but can easily see them picking SMU or VT over the Deacs.

Back