• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Professional Deacon Golf

Here is a pgatour.com article on their round with some nice quotes from other competitors about Jay's play: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/04/21/jay-haas-has-cut-record-in-sight-after-vintage-opener-at-zurich-classic-of-new-orleans-son-bill-haas.html

In addition to going for the record for the oldest player to make a PGA Tour cut, if they make the cut, Jay will add to his current record of making the most PGA Tour cuts (Jay has made 591 cuts) of any golfer in history.... yes, more cuts made than Jack, Tiger, Phil or anyone else.

That's great stuff. I had no idea Jay had the most made cuts in Tour history.

I had no idea, either. Man, I hope they can have another strong day in alternate shot. Jay did more than hold his own yesterday.

That was such a wild ride the last few holes. Bill’s lag putting was pretty bad.

Jay’s approach shot on 18 was fucking terrible.

So what is your description of the approach shot ? If I were playing alternate shot with a former PGA Tour pro and I drove the ball to the middle of the fairway leaving him with a 130 yard shot to the pin and that same former pro left me with 80 feet to the hole, I’d wonder how many vodka sodas he’s had.

BTW, I know you’re salty that you shat all over the Haas team and they’ve shown you to be a low IQ dim bulb commenter, once again, similar to the Alondes Williams fiasco that you created, which obviously affects recruiting, but, please try to pull yourself together and post with some decorum rather than attacking BiffTannen in an attempt to deflect scrutiny from your own lame brained bluster.

That was an incredible 2 days, Team Haas. Congratulations!! Jay now holds the record for oldest to make a pga tour cut. And it wasn’t like Bill carried him….

And Jay’s first cut was the GGO which is now the Wyndham Championship

GGO was always fun to go to. I think my last year at Wake was the year Sandy Lyle won, then won at Augusta the next week.

GREAT round today by Cam Young. Posted -1 in very difficult conditions at Avenel. Round average is at least +4. Will likely be t-10 by end of the day.

Definitely in the mix for tomorrow.

As an example of how hard it is out there, 36 hole leader Jason Day is +8 on the day and he is still out there.

HE should change his name. There are so many camerons on tour right now, it's hard to keep them apart. Go with Camrod or something.

HE should change his name. There are so many camerons on tour right now, it's hard to keep them apart. Go with Camrod or something.

You headed out there today? Should be best weather since Thursday.

I’ve played it once and struggled, so it’s nice to see the pros have issues with it. Super target golf.

Cam Young tied for 2nd going to 18.
Not many players left on the course. He should finish 3rd at worst. Playing solid golf recently.

Meanwhile, Jay-Bird finished T-14 in this week's Tour Champions event.

You headed out there today? Should be best weather since Thursday.

I’ve played it once and struggled, so it’s nice to see the pros have issues with it. Super target golf.

I wish. Couldn't do it because of mother's day.

Cam is 13th on the money list with $3.3M. Nice spring!

Back