• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Professional Deacon Golf

88Deac

A.W. Hamilton
Reaction score
It was suggested on the “Good Luck Will Zalatoris” thread that a new thread be started on pro Wake golf since that is what the thread has become. And especially with Cam having such a great year, too, makes sense. Womens and senior s discussion are welcome, too. Love talking Deacon golf.

That being said, Will is 3 off the lead, and Cam can hopefully make the cut. What a crazy Players tournament.

Webb Simpson in the field as well but will struggle to make the cut.

Yesterday it looked like the cut might get down to +3 or 4. Not looking as good now that it is warming up. +5 is going to take some luck.

Still 10-15mph winds out of the north, but nothing like yesterday. That was as bad as I’ve seen other than a British Open or two.

Nice eagle, par, birdie finish for Will. 3 shots back.

I haven't followed which former Deacs are active as touring professional. A current listing (male and female) would be appreciated. A quick summary of earnings and ranking would add perspective. I did this for years after I graduated but all of those folks are apparently retired. Thanks.

Last I checked the 2022 money leaders for men with Wake connections were below…could have missed someone…

Cameron Young #12
Will Zalatoris #25
Webb Simpson #110
Bill Haas #163.

Jennifer Kupcho is only Deac woman I know at #31 on LPGA money list but could be someone else I guess….

Pga Deacs :
bill haas
Webb Simpson
Will Zalatoris
Cameron young

I think Kyle Reifers is still on the Korn Ferry Tour

LPGA:
Jennifer Kupcho

Cheyenne will be delivering any day now:

Cheyenne Woods no longer on the LPGA Tour?

Last I checked she was on the Symetra Tour- the ladies version of the Korn Ferry Tour. But that might have changed. Apologies if she's on the lpga again

Pga Deacs :
bill haas
Webb Simpson
Will Zalatoris
Cameron young

I think Kyle Reifers is still on the Korn Ferry Tour

LPGA:
Jennifer Kupcho

Also Allison Emrey just won her LPGA card this past year, I think it's her first year on the major tour.

Webb having another strong day. -8, three off the lead.

Zalatoris is pulling a Wake Forest today. 3 hole lead to a 1 hole deficit on the back nine.

Back