• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NIT Thread - 2nd round games Sat and Sun

I don’t expect seniors to go all out in the NIT. I hope we will see plenty of the freshmen.

Seems like a lot of NIT performance is how much the players want to keep playing, and I’m not sure now any of us would know that at this point.

I remember back in 2006, the last time we were in the NIT, we were coming off a hugely disappointing season, but an inspiring run in the ACCT. I think a lot of folks expected that run to act as a springboard into the NIT and for Justin Gray, Big E and Co to make a strong push in the NIT….and instead the played perhaps the most listless game of the Skip Prosser era against Minnesota and got bounced in the first round.

So, I have no idea how well we’ll do, but hopefully these guys want to go out on a happy note after what was, up until the very last game, an extremely fun season.

Totally agree.

I don’t expect seniors to go all out in the NIT. I hope we will see plenty of the freshmen.

Why wouldn't the seniors go all out? What would be the opportunity they would be holding back for? For all of the non-returning seniors, except for Alondes, this is likely their last basketball game of significance in the United States. For Alondes, he's being scouted. Perhaps, I am being naive, but I would expect everyone to play hard after the last effort in Brooklyn.

Why wouldn't the seniors go all out? What would be the opportunity they would be holding back for? For all of the non-returning seniors, except for Alondes, this is likely their last basketball game of significance in the United States. For Alondes, he's being scouted. Perhaps, I am being naive, but I would expect everyone to play hard after the last effort in Brooklyn.

I think this is probably it. Without having studied every single game of the NIT in the recent past, I think there are plenty of teams who don't make the NCAA and don't put in the effort necessary to succeed in the NIT. Its too much of a letdown. The players have spent their entire lives being taught that the NCAAs is all that matters.

Penny got a Memphis team full of future pro's to play hard last year. Confident Forbes can do the same this year.

Of course the Seniors would play all out. To suggest otherwise is amateurish.

This wasn't an awesome season. We had a ton of talent on this team and got a 2 seed in the NIT out of it. For the record no ACC team with the talent equivalent of our team has ever had a worse season.

I would rather be miserable than LOWF

Last edited:
Seems like human nature not to go all out for a consolation prize especially after not going all out for the main goal.

This wasn't an awesome season. We had a ton of talent on this team and got a 2 seed in the NIT out of it. For the record no ACC team with the talent equivalent of our team has ever had a worse season.

I would rather be miserable than LOWF
Lol

I want Forbes to troll us by having pregame Cookout trays.

FWIW, WF was 6-2 ATS after losses this year. Forbes was pretty good at getting his players to dig in after a loss. The two losses that hurt the most:

- home to Miami, the Deacs next game lost at Duke by 2, in a game that everyone here expected a blowout loss.

- Clemson loss, WF blew out L'ville by 22.

Maybe, the Deacs come out on Wednesday staring at their shoes, and wanting the season to end, but I don't think so. Think WF plays angry. Way too much give up on this board.

I’m hoping for both. Seeing the freshmen get quality run toward a trip to MSG would be a real spark for next season.

Hildreth seems to have worked his way back into the rotation, but other than blowouts or an injury, don't see any other freshman getting time, except for 3rd year frosh Monsanto.

Hildreth seems to have worked his way back into the rotation, but other than blowouts or an injury, don't see any other freshman getting time, except for 3rd year frosh Monsanto.

Hildreth and Monsanto are the only reason we worked our way back into the BC game. they came in and changed the course of the game.

and then we inexplicably subbed out what was working.

Of course the Seniors would play all out. To suggest otherwise is amateurish.

Really?? Have you noticed the ever growing Srs that back out of bowl games that are meaningless to protect their health and value??? And you don’t think that same mindset could be prevalent for a sr bball player with pro ball aspirations??? That’s how this generation rolls whether amateurish or not….

Really?? Have you noticed the ever growing Srs that back out of bowl games that are meaningless to protect their health and value??? And you don’t think that same mindset could be prevalent for a sr bball player with pro ball aspirations??? That’s how this generation rolls whether amateurish or not….

Like Clawson and his guys say "Football players play football"

We need Forbes and his guys to have the same mentality.

Back