• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NIT Thread - 2nd round games Sat and Sun

One of two things will probably happen...

The team will play loose with nothing to lose and it'll be fun and we'll win some games. A nice finish to a largely enjoyable season.

or

Hero ball as the goal shifts from winning the ACC / NCAA to putting yourself in the best position to play for money. Bad taste in the mouth as another March comes and goes with little to show for it and we all immediately move to roster construction '22-'23.

Marsh has gotten a few minutes when fouls match ups are favorable. would have liked to see forbes try marsh back against bc... oh well.

i'm really trying to get up for this game. i really am but espn+ just about killed that. every single time i attempt to watch through the espn app the video freezes. occasionally the audio keeps going. not often. then i have to back out and re-start. its infuriating.

I got excited for the game when I saw I could get center court fifth row tickets for $15. Fuck it, I’ll have a couple of beers and a hot dog and watch a fun team.

This wasn't an awesome season. We had a ton of talent on this team and got a 2 seed in the NIT out of it. For the record no ACC team with the talent equivalent of our team has ever had a worse season.

I would rather be miserable than LOWF

I was as disappointed by the BC game as I can remember being in the last 10 years by a basketball game. I was of the mindset of "how the hell did I let myself get this involved with a Wake Forest basketball team again". I thought I had learned better but I got sucked right back in only to fail again and want to burn all the Wake Forest clothing and items I owned! However, after a couple of days I realized what this team had accomplished with a group of existing players and transfers that had to mesh together and find some sort of chemistry. This team had tons of talent but it was a lot to get those pieces to come together and win as many games as they did. I don't blame Steve Forbes at all for not scheduling a tougher schedule. This team could have been very fragile and needed confidence going into the season. Nobody knew how this was going to work out and to go from last year to this and have the biggest win turnaround in conference history. The people complaining need to read posts from before the season started where we would have been ecstatic about a top five conference finish and NIT bid. I realize we didn't know how good Alondes or Jake was going to be and if we did I'm sure they would have scheduled some tougher opponents but remember, hindsight is 20/20.

SB Nation picks Wake to win the NIT.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2022/3/14/22976370/nit-predictions-bracket-wake-forest-virginia-xavier-smu

[h=3]NIT Final Four[/h] Xavier vs. Virginia. SMU vs. Wake Forest.
Xavier has lost six of their last seven games entering the NIT, but a star guard like Paul Scruggs and a reliable 7-footer like Jack Nudge is the sort of foundation that can correct itself quickly. We’ll take the Musketeers over UVA and into the title game.
Can SMU’s defense stop Wake’s powerful offense in the other semifinal? We aren’t counting on it. Put Wake into the title game.
We will pick Wake Forest to win the whole thing with a championship game victory over Xavier. The 1-2 punch of Williams and LaRavia is extremely difficult for matchup with, and the Deacons have enough around their two stars to win five straight games in the NIT.
Wake Forest is our prediction to be NIT champion.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...tions-bracket-wake-forest-virginia-xavier-smu

Last edited:
If they are playing a game and keeping score, they might as well win.

If any of the normal Deacon rotation is lethargic or not giving 100%, Forbes should play the freshmen. Give them a taste of tournament, win or go home basketball.

This is an.opportunity for the Wake team to show the selection committee just how wrong they were. Win the NIT and blow out every team along the way.

This is an.opportunity for the Wake team to show the selection committee just how wrong they were. Win the NIT and blow out every team along the way.
This might make some fans feel better, but the committee doesn't give 2 shits. After last Wednesday we were not even on their radar.

A nice sentiment, but no one will care, committee member or otherwise, who wins the NIT.

I don’t expect seniors to go all out in the NIT. I hope we will see plenty of the freshmen.

Get some guys some run.

We milked all we could get out of LaRavia never sat down and Alondes.

Perhaps one reason we tanked at Clemson and BC. Maybe.

Play the young guys. At least play Hildreth. He is good.

Women's NIT, unlike the men's, is a pay-to-play tournament. I guess WVU would rather give Huggy Bear a bonus after another crappy season rather than pony up for the women. Shame on WVA and good for AD Currie.

Last edited:
Women's NIT, unlike the men's, is a pay-to-play tournament. I guess WVU would rather give Huggy Bear a bonus after another crappy season rather than pony up for the women. Shame on WVA and good for AD Curtis.

Wait, so the university would have to pay money for the women's team to play in a tournament nobody cares about? Tough sell IMO.

Back