• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NIT Thread - 2nd round games Sat and Sun

i'm not twisting anything bufu but thanks for the negrep i guess

I want Christina, Jewel, and all their teammates and coaches to take the court Thursday night and have some fun playing together.

Seriously. And you can tell how few games they’ve watched. Simply the fact that women have quarters and aren’t FT fests makes the game watchable.

I agree that men's college basketball also sucks.

Obviously after Clemson and BC I have no idea what to expect out of our team tonight. I get the storyline of playing the younger guys, getting them some experience, maybe the seniors not being as invested as they would be in the NCAA tourney, etc... I just don't see it, maybe because I didn't see a team against BC that wasn't trying, just one that buckled under the pressure of a must-win game primed to crush what had become such an exciting rejuvenation story for the program. Sigh.

Forbes is too much of a competitor and he's a stats guy. I don't see him abandoning the approach that won 23 games this year unless we're getting our asses kicked. He also knows how valuable Manman getting drafted would be for the program. My guess is Manman will get as many minutes as he can play and we'll go to him and Jake relentlessly. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little more Monsanto just because Mucius has only hit more than 2 threes in one out of our last 6 games at under 35%.

Now that the pressure is off I could see this team lighting it up for a few games. Hopefully we get a fun crowd going that doesn't buy into this NIT-is-meaningless crap.

I agree that men's college basketball also sucks.

Yeah, pretty much, but women's bb sucks even harder. And this coming from a guy who enjoys the women relatively as much/sometimes more than the men in golf, tennis, soccer, MMA/UFC and a lot of the Olympic events.
Interest in womens bb is a weird animal in general IMO. I can drive around my town this Saturday and see pickup games, or guys shooting in their driveways, from elementary school age well into their 40's/50's, but can't tell you the last time if ever I've seen females of any age shooting or playing just on their own.

Men can't comment on women's sports? That's a twist. We're taking about viewership, who do you think it's doing the majority of that?

i didn't say men couldn't comment on women's sports. what are you talking about?

Last edited:
wow I'm shocked that a board that is 98 percent dudes has strong opinions on women's basketball
i didn't say men couldn't comment on women's sports. what are you talking about?
??

ETA: am i reading too much snark into that first statement? Maybe you're saying you're just surprised dudes even care about talking about women's hoops?

If so, my bad.

Seriously. And you can tell how few games they’ve watched. Simply the fact that women have quarters and aren’t FT fests makes the game watchable.

My wife went to Baylor so I watch more women's bball than I'd care to.

The quarters thing throws me for a loop every time for some reason.

… said Howard, who averaged 9.2 points per game...

Darius Songalia, who was a sophomore, led the Deacons in scoring at 13.7 points per game and senior Robert O’Kelley averaged 13 points a game. Craig Dawson also averaged 9.1 points and Rafael Vidaurreta and Josh Shoemaker, two 6-foot-9 rebounding machines, handled a lot of the inside play. Craig Dawson was also a pivotal player that season; he scored 13 points in the championship game.

Lot of talent on that team.

Do ESPN+ games that are over show up on ESPN on demand shortly after game ends. In other words, can we watch this game for free tonight?

Back