• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NIT Thread - 2nd round games Sat and Sun

Fully understand why many on these boards are upset we did not make it to the Dance. It has been a long suffering ten plus years of frustration, disappointment, hope, despair and finally a no longer care attitude about this program. When we finally were rid of the dastardly Wellman, we got Currie who knew the frustrations and immediately began repairing the program. Forbes has been successful in his career and I expect no less to happen at Wake. Several years back how would you have felt if we had received a NIT bid when the Mannequin was in charge or name redacted? Everyone's present frustrations are fully noted and it's best to enjoy this ride, win as many as possible, and look forward to continued improvement next year...

What was most surprising and disappointing about the NCAAT was that Wake wasn't really even close to dancing being the fifth team out. :eek:

It is definitely disappointing that the team is hosting another home game at the Joel after an electric Senior Night... And on ESPN+, to boot.

I'll watch and support the team. It's just disappointing. Change the outcome of any of a few individual games, and I think we're in the NCAAs... That Miami loss at the Joel probably stings the most because it kept us from a double bye, even though the BC & @Clemson losses are fresher.

there are a lot of shitty losses that held us back. Even beating BC might have only put us in the first four games as it turns out. We can schedule more aggressively for next year and avoid that mess again, although I don't know if you really know how good or bad your cupcake opponents are going to be from one year to the next. If you told me we're playing Towson in December, I'd assume that's a game we should win 19/20 times. So let's get more of those, and fuck Oregon State.

not to spoil Pilchard's thunder, but KP likes WF by 6 points at home over Towson. KP liked WF by 10 over BC in Brooklyn.

Honestly, we would've been very pleased with an optimistic projection of the NIT going into this year. I get that. But having overachieved all year, it's such a clunker to lose to BC and basically shit on the entire season in the manner that we did. And it's very typical WF. I can't think of a more advantageous first round matchup in the ACCT in 30+ years, and we still blew it. I hope we win the NIT or make a nice run with a couple of Ws, but it's a nothingburger tourney and I honestly don't know how this team is going to get fired up for it after the disappointment of the BC game and with what essentially amounts to two weeks off. But with $15 tickets, I hope we get some asses on the seats and support the opportunity to see Manman suit up again and entertain us.

For those wondering about ESPN+, just get it with the Hulu and Disney bundle. Well worth it for the 30 for 30 library, Man In The Arena, plus the abundance of games available on there, at least during football and basketball season.

Christ, what a miserable thread and fanbase.

For those wondering about ESPN+, just get it with the Hulu and Disney bundle. Well worth it for the 30 for 30 library, Man In The Arena, plus the abundance of games available on there, at least during football and basketball season.

No kids so no reason for Disney+, the ESPN content is generally available on WatchESPN, and any bball and football games I'd have any interest in watching are not on ESPN+. Unfortunately looking like I can't make it on Wednesday in-person, so looks like I'll miss this one.

No kids so no reason for Disney+, the ESPN content is generally available on WatchESPN, and any bball and football games I'd have any interest in watching are not on ESPN+. Unfortunately looking like I can't make it on Wednesday in-person, so looks like I'll miss this one.

Disney+ has way more than just kids content. All of the Star Wars movies and shows, all of the Marvel movies and shows, National Geographic docs, etc. It is worth what it costs.

Disney+ has way more than just kids content. All of the Star Wars movies and shows, all of the Marvel movies and shows, National Geographic docs, etc. It is worth what it costs.

I guess. We had it for like a year and I think we maybe watched one movie on it so we ditched it.

I was a freshman when we won the NIT and I went to MSG and had a blast. It was my first post season experience as a student and the team had the makings of what would be a really good Deacon squad for a few years. For the students and players I'm happy they get to continue to play and see ball.

But times have changed some, and the NCAA has added 4 more games which further dilutes the NIT. As an older fan I'm less content with just any product being put on the floor as I see the rotation of teams that go to the NCAAT and we don't. As others have mentioned, there's a lack of certainty of what's returning next year, so what is this NIT actually contributing to player development is yet to be understood.

If we're playing, yeah, go and win the whole thing, that'll be fun for the students and players, but it'll just be a reminder that we should've done more. If we don't win or flame out early, that will be disappointing, but the spectrum of emotions between losing to Towson and winning at MSG is really narrow TBH.

Some here would like to call that "being a horrible fan" but i don't think expecting more is ever a bad thing, especially when you see Michigan or Wyoming dancing.

Dave Odom winning three of these things is also super Wake Forest (yes, I know two were with other schools).

Such a miserable fanbase.

This program has had one post-season bid in more than ten years, and the prevailing sentiment is that playing in the NIT is beneath your attention. Many here act like Forbes should have had this team safety in the dance in two years after the previous incompetents left WF in total disarray. In less than two years, he rebuilt the roster, rejuvenated the program and completely changed the direction. Instead of appreciation, we have a bunch of brats posting here like they are above caring about a program that missed an NCAA bid by a bees dick.

All of you with that attitude, go root for Duke or Kentucky and don’t bother coming back. Just pathetic.

THANK YOU

I love the I’m a better fan because I am excited to watch us play in some second rate tournament. It’s not like people are going to be tuning in to watch other NIT games it’s just the whole concept of the NIT and that it shouldn’t even exist.

Can’t believe anyone here wants to pass on watching this team play more basketball.

Let’s go win this dang thing. I want to see us play in MSG. Don’t care what’s at stake- playing in big arenas on big networks in tournament style play will absolutely help the growth of this program long term.

This has been an awesome season, lets go win the NIT to cap it all off.

Back