• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 6: Answers due Friday at 12

I've had a fairly drawn out debate about the Yoda-Gandalf battle among friends (or nerds as tigerswood reminds me).

Yoda has a relatively poor track record in big fights, and to my knowledge has rarely if ever made an actual kill. Gandalf's kill count is high, and includes some pretty badass beasts and creatures. Also Gandalf can't really die, and Yoda can, and has. Light sabers are powerful, but Gandalf's reach and array of talents are many. I give Gandalf the edge. Yoda's command of the force is very powerful, but ultimately I don't think he could kill Gandalf.

It's also moot because if there were a universe they both lived in, I'd like to think they'd be on the same side.

Gandalf is a demi-god, who defeated a Balrog. Yoda couldn't defeat the Emperor after he was just fried by electricity.

Gandalf is a demi-god, who defeated a Balrog. Yoda couldn't defeat the Emperor after he was just fried by electricity.

Listen, I understand the prevalent theme of LOTR but none of you fought in WW1 and we all know that advanced technology is gonna trump magical parlor tricks.

mako please confine this discussion to either the comic book thread or the gandalf vs yoda thread

twix kicks ass and i won't apologize for putting it down since the rest of you fools are wrong.

Are you saying it should have been a runaway? Because I agree. 99.9% of pizza's have cheese. Like 25% of pizzas have sausage.

I think you're way overestimating the sausage percentile. I'm saying 10% of pizzas have sausage, tops.

I was about to start complaining about my Yoda answer but I think I've been convinced that it was wrong. Nice job, nerds.

toogs, just stop. There are plenty of legitimate gripes you have, cheese not being a topping is not even a bad take, it's just factually incorrect.

Being from Kansas, you would think cheese is a topping. Cheese is an element, like the dough and the tomato sauce. Topping are listed and charged for separately.

Happy for juice (congrats) but his winning makes me feel better about my performance.....not quite a "gooner is on the podium" week, but close.

BTW, my boy Dio is a machine.

7. The age a girl gets her period
12 - 25
13 - 17
10 - 4
15 - 2

8. A company that makes water bottles
Nalgene - 13
Aquafina - 11
Yeti - 10
Camelbak - 5
Dasani - 3
Hydro Flask - 3
Contigo, Ozarka, Thermos - 1

9. Who would win in a head to head battle: Gandalf or Yoda?
Gandalf - 29
Yoda - 19

these three were my downfall this week

1. why the hell does rule of 5 apply to “number of tvs in a house” but not a period? Geez

2. I was one of the ones who misread the water question.

Love the splits this week. I see the water bottle question was a good one to potentially misunderstand, though I thought the wording was unambiguous. In any case, thanks for the participation, see you all next week!

one question thing I was thinking about this week is the inclusion -- or not -- of the word "best"

does "best candy bar" produce the same results as "a candy bar"?

Back