• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 6: Answers due Friday at 12

one question thing I was thinking about this week is the inclusion -- or not -- of the word "best"

does "best candy bar" produce the same results as "a candy bar"?

I believe I've run the candy bar question before but not "best"

these three were my downfall this week

1. why the hell does rule of 5 apply to “number of tvs in a house” but not a period? Geez

2. I was one of the ones who misread the water question.

15 is really the upper range of age for that and would likely have had a trip to the Dr. to make sure all is well. 10 is definitely early. I wrestled with 13 as the correct answer but ultimately went 15 b/c the rule of 5 had been hammered so hard lately. One of many bad coin flips for me.

15 is really the upper range of age for that and would likely have had a trip to the Dr. to make sure all is well. 10 is definitely early. I wrestled with 13 as the correct answer but ultimately went 15 b/c the rule of 5 had been hammered so hard lately. One of many bad coin flips for me.

Oh I agree on right answer. I just dont understand why the masses chose this question to break the rule on

I went 13 because the main character in that Disney movie is 13. Is there a law of 12 as well?

why would the rule of 5s apply to something where neither 10 nor 15 is possibly correct? The 5s rule applies to how many of something you do, or have. TVs in your house, beers per week, etc. If the question was "how many beers do you have on an average thursday," would you write 5? I do appreciate the TI dedication, mind you.

Who plays sheep on the 2nd day of the NCAA tourney? Did Danny Manning damage you guys that bad?

Sorry, randomized Team 12 - apparently I can't play Sheep on the 2nd day of the NCAA tourney. Will set a calendar reminder for the rest of the season.

why would the rule of 5s apply to something where neither 10 nor 15 is possibly correct? The 5s rule applies to how many of something you do, or have. TVs in your house, beers per week, etc. If the question was "how many beers do you have on an average thursday," would you write 5? I do appreciate the TI dedication, mind you.

I asked the question because I believe TV's is a similar question (which the sheeple used rule of 5 for). Neither 0 or 5 is possibly correct there. I would guess people have 2 or 3, maybe 4.

Lol. National average is 2.5 and declining. With streaming options people use computers, phones, and tablets. If we are counting those as tvs then sure

Fair, but zero is an awful answer so it's 5. Also I do call one of my shitty tablets my "TV" because I only use it for netflix in bed.

Lol. 5 did win for the record.

I am now done fighting about tvs and periods and rule of 5

I went 13 because the main character in that Disney movie is 13. Is there a law of 12 as well?

There is not. The exception to the rule of 5s is when the number is obviously not a multiple of five. I didn't think it was obvious here but I guess I was wrong

I would think 0 would be the answer for beers on a Thursday. Not that some might not have a beer or 3 but that 0 would be closer to a consensus as some don't drink at all and some only drink on weekends. Trying to guess between 1 and 2 wouldn't be helpful, so 0 is where I would land.

I asked the question because I believe TV's is a similar question (which the sheeple used rule of 5 for). Neither 0 or 5 is possibly correct there. I would guess people have 2 or 3, maybe 4.

I have exactly 5

I think 2 would dominate "beers on a thursday"

Also this board isn't exactly a bunch of preteen and teen girls. Google unequivocally said 12 is the average age of first period, and there is no rule of 5 in play because 10 and 15 make no sense.

"how many devices capable of playing netflix" would be a decent question, but I bet 5 runs away.

Back