• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 33: NIT Round 1 - Towson at LJVM - Wednesday 7 pm

Walton makes fun of Forbes for saying ".gif " wrong at the end lollll

ManMan had zero turnovers tonight which is kind of weird.

And 6 points on 2-5 shooting, he did have 5 assists and 6 rbs. Very odd game.

Monsanto had 10 shots in 13 min and 14 points.

Why do we have another thread for the NIT? Would it not work just as well here? Possibility of a merge?

That's for general NIT discussion although I won't argue that the NIT is relevant enough for much discussion beyond Wake. If you all post about what's going on in the NIT, the rest of us can just follow the thread and don't have to look it up ourselves.

Last edited:
Deacs looked really good in the first half. The press was a fantastic idea - it sped up the game and energized our team. Kudos to Shay on that call. Our first half defense was some of our best all year.

Towson started the second half in a zone - our kryptonite. We didn’t handle it very well and then their press really turned us over. We were lucky Monsanto went off.

We’re a little banged up. Walton had the trainer working on his low back most of the game, Mucius turned an ankle, and Sy looked hobbled at times on D.

Dallas is great.

My take away from this is this.

For the ACCT we practiced on Monday (then flew) and Tuesday

For the NIT we practiced Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, granted they might have thought the were playing in a different tournament.

The only thing I learned tonight is that Cam is a big liability against the press.

Yeah we struggled against their press. Townson plays physical, they also foul a lot but doesn't always get called. Fortunately, we played well in the first half. Free throws weren't great for the second game in a row. VCU won't be easy.

Any chance we can play our way into the NCAAT ?

See this is the quality content I come here for.

I think it would be funny to consider our fan base so tortured by the past decade that we start to have these sorts of delusions.

They should have the winner of the NCAAT and NIT play each other like the UEFA Super Cup

I'm in Richmond, we're playing VCU, and I can't watch this game except on some pay internet bullshit. Nope.

Back