• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

Deaconblue

Reaction score
Time for a new year thread. Teams are busy shaping rosters for the 2022 season. Getting under salary cap etc.etc.

Legal tampering period begins at noon EDT March 14 and ends March 16.

Last edited:
from the official NFL calendar:

During the period beginning at 12:00 noon, New York time, on March 14 and ending at 3:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 16, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents upon the expiration of their 2021 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 16.

"Legal tampering" period is open.

Last edited:
Andrew Whitworth is retiring. Pretty darn good and long career capped off with a SB, and he seems like a great dude.

not that upset about the Cowboys somehow losing Gregory to the Broncos for the same deal

Gregory is a freak, sure, but he makes some truly boneheaded plays at the worst possible time a lot AND can't stay on the field for an entire season. DLaw more important to keep and Cowboys got him at a discount.

You're not wrong buttttt.... 62MM/year for Aaron Rodgers for the next two years isn't great either.

It's fine if Rodgers wins his 2nd Super Bowl. That said, Green Bay is so all-in on Rodgers now (and the players that he wants around him), that when his run does end, the Packers will be completely depleted for awhile.

It's fine if Rodgers wins his 2nd Super Bowl. That said, Green Bay is so all-in on Rodgers now (and the players that he wants around him), that when his run does end, the Packers will be completely depleted for awhile.

Don't think it happens. They're going to lose some players and haven't killed it in the draft in recent years. I don't see them beating the Chiefs/Bills/Broncos with this roster. And now that Brady is back, and it looks like NO is getting Watson, they're going to have more competition in the NFC. But you are correct that they're going to be in serious cap jail for a year or 2 after he leaves, which I'm sure pleases him no end.

FWIW, I used to like both Rodgers and the Packers. But after all this passive aggressive behavior by both parties and Rodgers "immunized" appearance on McAfee, screw Rodgers and the Packers.

They've done fine in the draft recently and the Rodgers contract saves them cap room this year. I understand hating Rodgers (because I also hate him), but the only thing the front office did wrong was draft Jordan Love -- I don't think they've been passive aggressive at all. Bucs will lose more than the Packers, but the Packers need Davante or they're going nowhere. Only key piece I think they lose is Zadarius, who has already been released, and he didn't play at all last year.

Was hoping for a huge trade haul for Rodgers, but he better win it all now that he got paid. Not expecting much since he hasn't delivered in 12 years.

They also cut Kumerow, who I heard was his best friend on the roster. And he's been serviceable in Buffalo. And they traded up to draft Love with zero communication with Qaron after he publicly said he wanted to play another 4-5 years. I understand he's a pain in the ass diva, but when he's 1 of the 2 best QBs on the planet, you placate him and kiss the ring.

They also cut Kumerow, who I heard was his best friend on the roster. And he's been serviceable in Buffalo. And they traded up to draft Love with zero communication with Qaron after he publicly said he wanted to play another 4-5 years. I understand he's a pain in the ass diva, but when he's 1 of the 2 best QBs on the planet, you placate him and kiss the ring.

I don't disagree - but those moves are not an example of them being passive aggressive, just making normal football moves. I put 90% of the blame on Kaaron, who was in the same position Love was in with Favre. If Love looked half as good as Rodgers in the first two years, Rodgers would be gone right now. But Love looks like a bust.

Which many of us thought Love would be at the time based on his underwhelming last year of college and that he didn’t play so well against Wake.

Which many of us thought Love would be at the time based on his underwhelming last year of college and that he didn’t play so well against Wake.

This, it was a bad move for GB. Love was expected to be drafted much earlier and kept falling...they tired to get Rodgers part 2, but looks like they got a bust this time.

Including me -- I was completely not on board at the time.

I didn't know if Love would be a good NFL QB or not after watching him in person at Wake, but I was thoroughly convinced he was better than Jamie Newman (unlike some).

This, it was a bad move for GB. Love was expected to be drafted much earlier and kept falling...they tired to get Rodgers part 2, but looks like they got a bust this time.

The GB brass was way out of step with how much the game has changed. Back in 2005, it made some sense to draft a QB to eventually replace their then 35 year old QB.

But months after Brady won the Super Bowl at 42 years old, it didn't make sense to draft a QB to eventually replace their then 36 year old QB.

Brady is an enormous outlier and Rodgers has won the same number of Super Bowls as Brett Favre.

Back