• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

Funny because Joel Klatt on the herd just said that of his top three players he thought would have long and steady pro bowl type careers, two of them went to the ravens. But I wasn’t aware of team needs.

I get that Hamilton is good and he fell - probably because of his 40 time. But we just signed Marcus Williams to play FS for the next 4 years, and Chuck Clark is our SS and wears the green dot for the D. Add to that we drafted a slot S/CB last year in the 3rd round. You often need 3-4 CBs when offenses go with 3-4 WR sets. But how often are you going to want to play 3-4 safeties at the same time?

As for Linderbaum, he's a good technical blocker, but his playing weight was reportedly more like 285-290 pounds, and he struggled with good NTs like Uwazurike. He's better in pass pro and isn't as suited to a power run team. The Ravens run the ball more than any team in the league. And we had just re-signed Mekari for 3 years to take over there. He's not quite as good as Bozeman, but he's fine there. What we needed on the OL was a developmental day 3 OT like a Diesch or Braxton Jones, and a guy like Tom who can fill in at multiple positions, not a guy who might make a guy we're paying $15mil to obsolete. Whereas Jermaine Johnson was sitting there, and edge is an absolute need. Dude tore it up senior bowl week. The reason he was dropping was his age - he's 23. So what. Use him for 5 years and don't give him a 2nd contract when he's 28 and get a 3rd or 4th round comp in return.

I'm with Lamar. Really not impressed with my Ravens 2 picks. Hamilton may be good, but we already have a good SS and just signed a FS to our biggest FA contract. How many safeties can you play in the game at the same time? Then they pick an undersized C who will have problems with big NTs. I get moving Hollywood because we want volunteers, not captives. But I don't get those 2 picks when we need 3 CBs, 2 edges, 2 DL and a mike. Meanwhile former Raven Joe Douglass absolutely killed it last night with Sauce, Wilson and Johnson.

That said, the only pick that made me happy last night was Pittsburgh taking Pickett. Pickett will scare no opponent.

I wanna see Pickett try that fake slide against Jessie Bates III. Even though he's a FS, he still can lay the wood when needed.

i thought the ravens got great value with both picks

i wish nothing but the worst for kenny pickett

The Steelers kind of had to take Pickett. But if he sucks, they’ll dump him and be fine.

I still don’t understand how he made such a leap last year. He was thoroughly mediocre before that.

NFL Year 2022. Draft Day 2. Wheeling and Dealing to Continue??

I still don’t understand how he made such a leap last year. He was thoroughly mediocre before that.

He was 23 year old QB with 3 full seasons worth of starts under his belt. He’s almost exactly a year younger than Sam Darnold who is close to washed up.

Last edited:
Zach Tom is the 5th best guard available according to ESPN, FWIW.

Our old pal KWIII picked up in the second round. I had to smile at this…generous…line in his analysis: “ He has the potential to develop into a functional pass blocker.”

Has one of the Make-a-wish kids ever dropped an F-bomb while announcing the selection?

U of Cincinnati had three guys drafted in first two rounds. But not their QB.

Is this finally the year where we all realize Mel Kiper and Todd McShay really have no special skill and are no closer to prognosticating a teams pick than any random fan off the street? Midway through the 3rd round and he still has guys with first round grades available. Their mock drafts are no more likely to hit than any one else.

NFL Year 2022. Draft Day 2. Wheeling and Dealing to Continue!!

I should hope so. There’s less accountability in sports media than any other media.

They get the picks wrong and then after the draft say a team got good value taking their 1st round grade guy in the 4th round.

Larry Csonka still looks intimidating.

I'm stunned that anyone takes Kiper too seriously after he was caught adjusting his rankings base on personal connections. That implicates basically his entire career. The best is when they assign grades based on their preconceived rankings-about as valid as the one that the Yahoo bot assigns to you after your fantasy draft.

I'm no expert, so I might still be deferring to these rankings a little, but I'm glad Dean fell to the Eagles in Rd 3.

Back