• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

It was kind of confusing when I first saw it. It seems like a savvy trade by the Eagles. The two first round picks basically even out. The 6th and 7th aren't a big deal. And the Eagles got a 3rd and next year's 2nd on top of that. Well done.

It was kind of confusing when I first saw it. It seems like a savvy trade by the Eagles. The two first round picks basically even out. The 6th and 7th aren't a big deal. And the Eagles got a 3rd and next year's 2nd on top of that. Well done.

Eagles adding picks for next year to go after a QB.

Plus, if I had 4 first rounders, I'd rather have 2 in one year and 2 the next year instead of 3-1. Better to evaluate what you have the first year and give yourself an opportunity to respond the second year-including at QB if necessary. Plus, next years class is supposedly more top-heavy. Good trade.

Pretty damning evidence here. Not sure if it’s in the paywall NYT article.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...it-nfl-teams-alleging-racism-hiring-practices

Mularkey, who had been the team's interim head coach for the final nine game of the 2015 season, said in a 2020 podcast that the Titans' owners told him he was going to get the job before they'd completed the interview process, including interviewing two minority candidates.

Mularkey's comments, part of a wide-ranging interview with the "Steelers Realm" podcast, were in response to a question about his regrets during his career. The comments take on new relevance since Flores filed his lawsuit in February, alleging he was discriminated against during interviews for head-coaching vacancies.

"I've always prided myself on doing the right thing in this business and I can't say that's true about everybody in this business," Mularkey said on the podcast. "It's a very cutthroat business and a lot of guys will tell you that. ... I allowed myself at one point when I was in Tennessee to get caught up in something I regret it and I still regret it. But the ownership there, Amy Adams Strunk and her family, came in and told me I was going be the head coach in 2016 before they went through the Rooney Rule. And so, I sat there knowing I was the head coach in '16 as they went through this fake hiring process. Knowing a lot of the coaches they were interviewing, knowing how much they prepared to go through those interviews, knowing that everything they could do and they had no chance of getting that job. Actually, the GM, Jon Robinson, he was in on the interview with me. He had no idea why he was interviewing me -- that I had the job already. I regret. I'm sorry I did that. It was not the way to go about it."

———-

I don't know why, but this photo they do every year always cracks me up. McDaniel with the wifebeater. Rhule is such a goof.

FO8rSevXwAM1FIl

I thought I was pretty in-tune with the NFL, I read and follow more than the average bear, but I could only name 15 of these guys (Harbaugh, Rhule, Vrabel, Saleh, Shanahan, Tomlin, McVay, Carroll, Rivera, Kingsbury, LaFleur, McDermott, Reid, Peterson, and Smith)

The Athletic has an article on the potential top free agents next year. The current teams of these guys may factor the need to pay or let walk their next year's free agents may impact the upcoming draft.

Jessie Bates is #15 on the list. He should bein line for a contract around $15 million per year.

https://theathletic.com/3224291/2022/04/05/nfl-free-agency-rankings-for-2023-lamar-jackson-quenton-nelson-deebo-samuel-headline-our-top-30-players?source=user-shared-article

Did you see the draft guide the Athletic did? It’s over 350 pages.

No PGA players in the Match this year:

Brady and Rodgers v. Mahomes and Josh Allen

Last edited:
While an amazing athlete, it's not clear if Mahomes even has a handicap.

While all 4 are amazing QBs and great to watch on Sunday's in the Fall, not that interested in watching good, but not great, golfers tee it up. You can find that on almost any course on almost any day of the week.

Denzel Ward just got paid by Cleveland - 5 years, $100mil. While that makes him the highest paid CB, that's still not in the same ballpark as some of the crazy WR $$ that has recently been tossed out. The top CBs were already making in the $17-18mil range. So it looks like the CBs will still be a bit sore at the $$ being thrown to WRs.

While an amazing athlete, it's not clear if Mahomes even has a handicap.

While all 4 are amazing QBs and great to watch on Sunday's in the Fall, not that interested in watching good, but not great, golfers tee it up. You can find that on almost any course on almost any day of the week.

Sure but hearing mic’d up lawyers and finance bros is nowhere near as interesting.

I assume this is because Tiger isn’t 100% and Phil is toxic. There’s nobody else on the tour as well known to the general public as those four QBs so I guess they decided not to try to elevate Scheffler or pick a reasonably well known vet.

Sure but hearing mic’d up lawyers and finance bros is nowhere near as interesting.

I assume this is because Tiger isn’t 100% and Phil is toxic. There’s nobody else on the tour as well known to the general public as those four QBs so I guess they decided not to try to elevate Scheffler or pick a reasonably well known vet.

maxhoma_mastersodds.jpg

No PGA players in the Match this year:

Brady and Rodgers v. Mahomes and Josh Allen

Retired Washington kicker Mark Mosely was an excellent golfer. He said that the repetitive motion swinging his leg to kick carried over to consistent swing of golf clubs.

Back