• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

LOL at Felipe Franks going to a CFB title game.

There's only one quarterback in the State of Georgia who has actually taken a team to the title game and his name is Stetson.

Two. 2015 National Championship Oregon vs Ohio State.

Well, according to cville, Atlanta is going to get a better quarterback than Carolina, but still be terrible. So there's a chance.

Yup, Mariota >> Darnold. But they're in cap jail with no WRs thanks to Ridley being a moron. Mariota is a good pick for someone to be a bridge QB. They may pick up someone like Howell in the 2nd or just wait till next year. It's looking increasingly like Willis may be the only QB going in round 1.

This leaves NO to ponder Jameis for free, Jimmy G for a day 2 pick or Baker for a day 3 pick. If NO sticks with Jameis, that means SF has no trade partner for Jimmy, and Sea gets Baker for a day 3 pick (not worth more than a day 3 pick because you're picking up his 2022 cap hit). In which case SF probably holds onto Jimmy until a QB goes down in the preseason or early season.

isn't matt ryan about as good (or maybe better) than stafford? seems like the falcons got hosed?

Incredible how weak the QB position is in the NFC right now. Are the top 5 NFC QB under the age of 34 (so that excludes Stafford, Rodgers and Old Man Brady):

- Kyler Murray
- Dak Prescott
- Kirk Cousins
- Jalen Hurts?
- Injured Jimmy G, who is likely to be traded

(BTW, outside of Jimmy G, who may be traded to the AFC, I believe that group has a total of 1 playoff win)

eh this kind of stuff comes in waves

probably just means the nfc will draft the next wave of top QB prospects

Incredible how weak the QB position is in the NFC right now. Are the top 5 NFC QB under the age of 34 (so that excludes Stafford, Rodgers and Old Man Brady):

- Kyler Murray
- Dak Prescott
- Kirk Cousins
- Jalen Hurts?
- Injured Jimmy G, who is likely to be traded

(BTW, outside of Jimmy G, who may be traded to the AFC, I believe that group has a total of 1 playoff win)

If Baker Mayfield gets traded to the NFC, does he jump into that top 5 younger guys? I think he does. Wentz would need to have a big bounce back year to join them.

isn't matt ryan about as good (or maybe better) than stafford? seems like the falcons got hosed?

Different situation because Indy is only borrowing him for maybe 2 years. Stafford's arm had more years remaining on it, and remember that half of that trade was Det agreeing to eat Goff's atrocious contract. The Stafford trade had that Osweiler element to it. Add to that Atl wasn't going to win anyway, and they were doing their boy a solid by trading him to a contender, similar to how Det accommodated Stafford last year.

Pilch and blue, the NFC top 5 is Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Prescott and Kyler's attitude problem. Big fall off after that, yuge. I'd take Cousins or Hurts over Baker, and I'm no Cousins fan. Notice the complete lack of Browns players sticking up for Baker over the last few months. Both the team and locker room are done with him. He needs an attitude adjustment. He thinks he's a great QB and wants to be paid as 1 when the reality is he is a short game manager with an adequate arm at best and little mobility. He can only be good with a good OL, running game and WRs where he can use a lot of play action and rollouts. Sea is actually a good landing place for him if they can beef up their OL. I think NO and Atl also made smart moves by avoiding him and using Mariota and Jameis as their bridge QBs because they're both good teammates, and if you draft a QB this year or next, they won't get bent out of shape.

I don't know. If only Matt Ryan had a chance to play in a Super Bowl . . .

and the way to win that game was to take the ball OUT of his hands.

As a Falcons fan I'm happy for Ryan. This team is clearly dead in the water, somewhat just due to circumstance, and he's got probably one or two more solid years in him. He's not Stafford but he could still put up top 10 numbers on a better team, which the Colts certainly are.

Kinda think the Falcons hooked him here and ate the cap hit to get him a better opportunity. Pretty sure everyone knows what this year is going to be.

Falcons need to sign Kaepernick yesterday. Travesty he's not back in the league. You're telling me Mariota is a better QB?

Falcons need to sign Kaepernick yesterday. Travesty he's not back in the league. You're telling me Mariota is a better QB?

Yes. Mariota has looked better in the brief chances he's gotten in LV than Kaep looked in his last year in SF. I'm not opposed to Kaep making a return to the league. But let's not look through rose colored glasses and pretend that what we saw in his last couple of years was the same thing we saw in that SB run. Add to that he hasn't played in like 5 years. If he gets a chance, I think it'll be as a back up.

Well, then bring him in and let him compete. It's a joke he's not in the league right now.

Well, then bring him in and let him compete. It's a joke he's not in the league right now.

One part of the story/rumor mill is that he wants starter money and hasn't been willing to accept backup QB pay.

Kaep got screwed and the NFL sucks, but from a football-only perspective, Kaep turns 35 during the season and hasn't played an NFL down since 2016

Seems like we would have learned not to believe what other people say about Kaep.

Chiefs give Tyreek Hill (and his agent) the right to seek a trade. They could not come to an agreement on a long term deal.

Jets and Dolphins are reportedly involved.

Last edited:
Back