• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

I didn't know if Love would be a good NFL QB or not after watching him in person at Wake, but I was thoroughly convinced he was better than Jamie Newman (unlike some).

I was there, very close to where Hinton caught the game winner. I honestly don't remember how I would have compared Love and Newman at the time, but looking back with much less bias it was evident that Love was a better prospect. He looked like an NFL quarterback, especially when making throws on the run. Newman was a monster who threw jump balls to large receivers (and Hinton).

Brady is an enormous outlier and Rodgers has won the same number of Super Bowls as Brett Favre.

He's an outlier playing at 45, but two years ago, it was pretty obvious QBs playing to 39+ was going to be a typical thing.

Is it really ? Big Ben retired after playing at 39 and Fitzmagic played one game this year. Rodgers will be 39 next season and Ryan will be 37. I don’t have much faith in Wilson, Tannehill, or Stafford playing at age 40 as they’re currently 33/34.

It depends on arm strength and athleticism. Roethlisberger, Manning, Brees and Rivers had noodles for arms and couldn't move by the time they retired. Brady has never had an ounce of athleticism, but he has not lost any arm strength. Rodgers is still athletic enough to make plays with his legs and still has his arm strength. So he still should be good to go for another 3-4 years.

Von Miller to the Bills on a 6/120. So much for a guy who was supposedly on the tail end of his career.

Von Miller to the Bills on a 6/120. So much for a guy who was supposedly on the tail end of his career.

It's basically a 3 yr/52 M deal, the rest is voidable.

This is good for Boogie, he can learn from the best. They won't re-sign Addison nor Hughes, so it's a net win for him.

It's basically a 3 yr/52 M deal, the rest is voidable.

This is good for Boogie, he can learn from the best. They won't re-sign Addison nor Hughes, so it's a net win for him.

Makes more sense if it's voidable after 3 years. Thanks. Still think that's a tad rich for a guy his age, but he still should have a good year or 2 left in him. You guys are definitely the favorites now.

Baker Mayfield has requested a trade.

And the Browns are apparently saying no. Doesn't make sense. It sounds like he's lost the locker room as well as the team. So just get what you can and move on. It's not like you're going to keep him for longer than this next year anyway. They're better off with Keenum and a rookie because they weren't going to do a long term deal. Willis in the 1st or Howell in the 2nd wouldn't be a bad value, and they could learn under Keenum. Better than the Steelers getting Willis at 20.

Well shit, the Browns just spread their legs for Deshaun Watson, now they expect Baker to be super pumped about playing there ?

The same situation is about to play out in half of the NFC South.

i really think you're overestimating baker's fault in this situation. browns were openly courting deshaun, said they wanted "an adult" at QB (which lol @ an adult having 22 sexual assault allegations), got turned down, and now are hoping baker will be ok with this situation. it's like if you broke up with your girlfriend because the hot girl talked to you once, hot girl turns you down, and now you go back to the decent, stable girl hoping she doesn't care. baker is no world beater, but i would be pissed too.

don't forget this is one of the worst franchises in sports and now that they had stability, they don't want it anymore. like biff said, nfc south is gonna see the same thing. happening with matty ice right now.

i really think you're overestimating baker's fault in this situation. browns were openly courting deshaun, said they wanted "an adult" at QB (which lol @ an adult having 22 sexual assault allegations), got turned down, and now are hoping baker will be ok with this situation. it's like if you broke up with your girlfriend because the hot girl talked to you once, hot girl turns you down, and now you go back to the decent, stable girl hoping she doesn't care. baker is no world beater, but i would be pissed too.

don't forget this is one of the worst franchises in sports and now that they had stability, they don't want it anymore. like biff said, nfc south is gonna see the same thing. happening with matty ice right now.

Matt Ryan is a different scenario. Baker is in the dawn of his career and Matt is in the dusk. Atlanta needs to find their next QB before it’s too late.

Personally, I’d prefer Deshaun Watson never play another snap in the NFL.

Well shit, the Browns just spread their legs for Deshaun Watson, now they expect Baker to be super pumped about playing there ?

The same situation is about to play out in half of the NFC South.

Nah, Ryan won't be butt hurt by Atl looking at Watson. He knows he in the late stage of his career and might be happy if he got traded to a contender, say Indy.

YB95, the Browns were already on the outs with Baker before Watson's potential criminal charges went away. They thought he essentially forced his way back into the line-up too early just to look tough fighting through injury when they would have been better off with Keenum, but they didn't want to say no and risk him pouting into next year. But at this point, it sounds like neither party is interested in a contract beyond this year, so I don't know why the Browns wouldn't be willing to trade him now. They likely believe they're at least a playoff team with him this year and next year's QB class will offer better options. But if they're thinking that way, they're short sighted. It's going to get toxic, so just get what you can for him now.

Davante Adams to the Raiders for a 1st and maybe more, to be highest paid WR in the league. Lol QAaron.

Something had to give. At least it will force Rodgers to throw to someone else on the team. Great WR draft and I assume the packers will go after Laundry or Juju or some other receiver.

Something had to give. At least it will force Rodgers to throw to someone else on the team. Great WR draft and I assume the packers will go after Laundry or Juju or some other receiver.

Who is left in the GB WR room? It's ironic that Qaron taking so long to announce his decision now has prevented GB from going after some of the top FA WRs. So he screwed himself. But yeah, go get Landry, and it's a fantastic WR draft, as it always seems to be these days.

Who is left in the GB WR room? It's ironic that Qaron taking so long to announce his decision now has prevented GB from going after some of the top FA WRs. So he screwed himself. But yeah, go get Landry, and it's a fantastic WR draft, as it always seems to be these days.

Yep - screwed himself and the team, which is probably Qaaron's MO. Really wish he had been traded.

Back