• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

In reading about why the Patriots traded back from 21 to 29th when they could've selected Wash CB Trent McDuffie, one reason is that McDuffie had shorter than average arm length.

If that is the reason, that is so dumb to me. We have seen time and time again that so called "measurables" really don't mean as much as productivity. 14 DB's were drafted ahead of the Honey Badger. NFL teams get way too much in their head on these things.

it will be interesting to see where hartman ends up eventually

Practice squad.

As long he doesn't have a meltdown game like Wisconsin or Pitt, he could be a late round pick. Top 4 QBs next year are already established, 9 QBs were picked this year, 10 the year before. If he can prove he's better than Phil Jurkovec or Hendon Hooker, he has a shot. With this group of WR's he should be able to put up numbers that get NFL teams interested, but it will really depend on a couple games against good defenses.

As long he doesn't have a meltdown game like Wisconsin or Pitt, he could be a late round pick. Top 4 QBs next year are already established, 9 QBs were picked this year, 10 the year before. If he can prove he's better than Phil Jurkovec or Hendon Hooker, he has a shot. With this group of WR's he should be able to put up numbers that get NFL teams interested, but it will really depend on a couple games against good defenses.

He'll get a shot somewhere even as an UDFA barring something off his current trajectory. It's a little troubling to see WRs get passed over in this offense. I fear that same analysis of our offensive gimmick will hurt him. I would definitely take him over Leary though.

He'll get a shot somewhere even as an UDFA barring something off his current trajectory. It's a little troubling to see WRs get passed over in this offense. I fear that same analysis of our offensive gimmick will hurt him. I would definitely take him over Leary though.

Yeah I mean I read Howell get knocked because of the offense UNC ran. Wake's is more "gimmicky" than UNCs. I am sure the question will be whether his productivity was his talent or the system.

Label it "gimmicky", but NFL teams are running RPO with greater frequency as part of their offense:

Eagles:

DL_WK14_4.gif

Dolphins:

Chiefs:

WF offense is setting trends in the football world.

If Donovan Greene stays healthy, he will get drafted and be an NFL player for sure

Just heard the Packers are bringing in Jamie Newman to teach Aaron Rodgers the slow mesh.

Yeah I mean I read Howell get knocked because of the offense UNC ran. Wake's is more "gimmicky" than UNCs. I am sure the question will be whether his productivity was his talent or the system.

Wolford doing well in LA will help mitigate that. Sam will have played in the same system. Sam just have to show that he can find receivers against the better (Clemson) defenses he faces

I think Hartman will need to get his completion % up into the mid-60s this upcoming season for a shot at the NFL

Matt Corral is about the same size, probably more athletic, but coming out of another RPO-based college offense and was damn near 70%

I think both Howell and Wolford have better measurables than Hartman, especially in footspeed. Maybe Hartman can go the route of Wolford and make it work in the USFL/XFL first.

Just on the size particulars alone when comparing Howell vs Hartman, they basically are the same height but Howell was +12. (Both listed 6’1–208 vs 220). Both gunslingers & both can scramble and run.

DeAndre Hopkins suspended for the first 6 games of the 2022 NFL season for PEDs. Cardinals have had a rough off season.

Back