Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Year 2022. Preseason Games. Live Football on TV

Steve Lepore
    Somewhat different I guess but I only tuned into MNF games, where I had no rooting interest, last season if it was a Manning Cast week.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I assume they do a reel or whatever, but I don't necessarily think execs pay attention to it and just throw money.
    There is a reason Joe Montana never went to the booth. And before anyone say he didn't need the money, the guy does Sketcher commercials now.

everything about Tom Brady is so meticulously crafted to promote his brand, especially his "jokes" on Twitter that they might as well just get Alexa or Siri to call the game for them.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    everything about Tom Brady is so meticulously crafted to promote his brand, especially his "jokes" on Twitter that they might as well just get Alexa or Siri to call the game for them.
    Amazon and Apple should get on that instead of spending billions on Sunday Ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by WilmingtonDeac View Post
    Somewhat different I guess but I only tuned into MNF games, where I had no rooting interest, last season if it was a Manning Cast week.
    Yes, which makes me wonder what they’re getting paid. Likely less, and yet they’re so much more inventive, creative, and over the long run, I would think valuable, than whatever TB12 is going to bring to the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    There is a reason Joe Montana never went to the booth. And before anyone say he didn't need the money, the guy does Sketcher commercials now.
    Montana did work for NBC after he retired as a player. He was terrible. He end up quitting at halftime of the Super Bowl: https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/...uper-bowl-xxx/ That was the end of Montana's broadcast career.

FWIW, think there's a chance that Brady could be terrible too. When he was mic'd up for the golf events, he was always the most bland and boring of the group.
    Last edited by Pilchard; 05-10-2022 at 02:41 PM.

does anyone tune into a sporting event because of who the announcer is? you're going to watch his games if it's your team when they're part of the 1:00 block (and some 4:00s) and then when he's doing the afternoon national game. but no one's wanting to specifically see what Tom Brady has to say when calling the 43rd Giants-Cowboys 4:00 game of the season.
    WHOA BRO

speak for yourself
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Quote Originally Posted by WilmingtonDeac View Post
    yeah the Manningcast is a different story. but are many people going to be tuning into MNF just because they got Al Michaels and Troy Aikman?

Gotta imagine Peyton has turned down offers before but this kind of money is next level.

never really saw Brady as the broadcast type. assumed he'd open more shady businesses, do some crypto/NFT shit, and eventually be part of some ownership group to buy a random baseball team or something.

Gotta imagine Peyton has turned down offers before but this kind of money is next level.
    It is rumored that P. Manning makes more than Romo, so in the neighborhood of $20 million a year....and he gets to sit at home and do his "Manning casts".

never really saw Brady as the broadcast type. assumed he'd open more shady businesses, do some crypto/NFT shit, and eventually be part of some ownership group to buy a random baseball team or something.
    Right, wasn’t he going to buy in to the dolphins? Maybe he’s going to earn a little more scratch before preparing his bid.

Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    It is rumored that P. Manning makes more than Romo, so in the neighborhood of $20 million a year....and he gets to sit at home and do his "Manning casts".
    The Mannings also work less. They didn't do Manning casts on every MNF game. So, does Peyton make a lot more than Eli to do the Manning casts? Here is Eli after realizing Peyton makes 10 times more than Eli to do the Manning casts:

Last edited by Pilchard; 05-10-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Same. But I'm not surprised anybody will do anything for $375 million.

Message Board Genius
    Just this one cock, huh ?

true.

Aikman reveals that he still doesn't know why Fox let him leave after 21 years with the company.
    https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/202...-media-podcast

Guess he now knows why

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Yes, which makes me wonder what they’re getting paid. Likely less, and yet they’re so much more inventive, creative, and over the long run, I would think valuable, than whatever TB12 is going to bring to the booth.
    i mean i dont disagree this might be the case but little unfair to already minimize what brady can/will bring to the booth

Quote Originally Posted by NSFWake View Post
    i mean i dont disagree this might be the case but little unfair to already minimize what brady can/will bring to the booth
    I thought he was minimizing the traditional format. Brady was good on the Manningcast for what it's worth.

The Manningcast is fine for MNF, but I wouldn't watch it for a game I care about.

I thought he was minimizing the traditional format. Brady was good on the Manningcast for what it's worth.

The Manningcast is fine for MNF, but I wouldn't watch it for a game I care about.
    even so, getting the perspective of the GOAT may end up being pretty damn cool and informative. Will it be as fun and loose as the Manningcast? probably not but it may end up being pretty good. my biggest gripe with this is it means Greg Olsen is probably going to move back a peg and i thought he did a great job when i saw him

I don't think it's worth comparing a traditional broadcast to the Manningcast. Are they even going to have the Manningcast next year after shelling out for Buck and Aikman? Why pay to cannibalize their own investment?

I agree about Olsen. He's quite good. Guess now it's more likely he'll do Panthers games.