• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

Put this decision beside the listing of Robert Kraft on the Hall of Fame ballot.

I'm still trying to figure out why Jerry Richardson had to sell the Panthers and Snyder and Kraft still have teams.

I'm still trying to figure out why Jerry Richardson had to sell the Panthers and Snyder and Kraft still have teams.

What did Kraft do that was wrong? Unlike Watson, he properly paid for the service he was asking for. Sure, it's unseemly, but I have no problem with someone paying for something that is consensual.

Florio had a good piece about the Watson case a couple of weeks ago. He thought any suspension was going to be on the lighter side because of the specific language of the CBA. The CBA uses the express language "domestic violence or sexual assault". I haven't read Judge Robinson's opinion, but ESPN this a.m. quoted her as saying his conduct was egregious but not violent. Had the CBA included language more like "sexual harassment", I suspect she could have given him a longer suspension. But then again, the NFL has repeatedly shown that they don't care when owners foster environments that encourage sexual harassment and worse.

To me, the most egregious aspect of this case is the Texans knowledge of Watson's behavior and furnishing him with NDAs and hotel rooms, yet the NFL is sweeping that right under the rug. The Texans settled those suits immediately before any discovery took place. They probably didn't even counter offer. But the NFL is playing Officer Barbrady and saying there is nothing to see here. Adam Silver has taken action against NBA owners, but NFL owners are not held accountable for god awful behavior, and it stinks to high heaven.

Yep. I'm sure the Texans have plenty of massage therapists who operate out of their facilities. There's no reason why the Texans needed to furnish hotel rooms and especially NDAs.

Synder shouldn't have a team, but he also shouldn't make at least $4.78B for a team he paid $0.75B for 23 years ago.

Yep. I'm sure the Texans have plenty of massage therapists who operate out of their facilities. There's no reason why the Texans needed to furnish hotel rooms and especially NDAs.

Synder shouldn't have a team, but he also shouldn't make at least $4.78B for a team he paid $0.75B for 23 years ago.

So who should get the difference in those prices ? This should be good.

So who should get the difference in those prices ? This should be good.

He will but it's a shame he'll benefit greatly regardless of what happens despite everything he's done.

Surely you don't think he's done such a great job running the Washington NFL franchise that he deserves to make $4B.

No, and I don't know if you would give any of the owners that much credit. Goodell has done a great job, imo. But part of being allowed to buy a team is that the other 31 owners are okay with you buying it and being allowed to make a bunch of money.

Goodell does a great job doing exactly what the 32 owners are paying him to do. He doesn't do a great job at what players, fans, and other interested parties want. But that's not his job.

Last edited:
the arbitrator gave Watson some lenience as a "first time offender." Seems like that should only apply to the first assault.

the arbitrator gave Watson some lenience as a "first time offender." Seems like that should only apply to the first assault.

Wow. Yeah. He first time offended 24 times.

Jack Kent Cooke really screwed up his inheritance and succession plan for the team. That allowed Danny boy to outbid his two sons.

I murdered 24 people, but was only arrested once for it

So you must have had the good sense to kill all of them at the same time in 1 mass shooting. Well done. You're part of the new America's Pastime.

Clemson is well represented in that tweet.

The NFL cares about player suspensions only as far as the PR hit. They are taking the temperature of the room of Watson's suspension and will adjust accordingly. It's the Pontius Pilate justice program. Basically, it's mob rule legitimized and institutionalized.

It really makes you wonder if Watson is the Messiah of the NFL.

The Juice !

Back