• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC is Pretty Much Screwed

So what the fuck does that have to do with your constant insulting of USC alumni ?

Sorry about your mom and dad.

I don’t insult UofSC alum. I insult the school. And it deserves insults after their clusterfuck of a president situation especially. Every colleague I have there is trying to flee because of the incestuous relationship between the UofSC board and McMaster. Not that they are that much different than other places. My colleagues at UGA and now some in Florida (I won’t speak for Ph) are also now trying to flee because of their attacks on tenure and free speech.

And thank you for the thoughts. I have bad experiences there that have characterized a lot. Remember trips to Maryland? Harassment, cars being broken into, etc? UofSC is the same. Alum are fine. Fans are not. They are not the same group of people.

I agree that I want to play those schools. Why the hell are you defending UofSC? I always wonder if you’re even a Wake fan. Just go to the SEC/UGA boards somewhere. We’d all be happier.

And I know I talk shit about Ga Tech dorks all the time. But I live two doors down from a Ga Tech fan and play golf with a grad and we give each other shit all day long. You act like South Carolina alums are the dumbest people to ever walk the earth in a very mean spirited way, despite having grown up with dozens, if not hundreds of them. I've met them too and they're by and large really good, smart, successful people, and I can say the same about Clemson fans.

And I know I talk shit about Ga Tech dorks all the time. But I live two doors down from a Ga Tech fan and play golf with a grad and we give each other shit all day long. You act like South Carolina alums are the dumbest people to ever walk the earth in a very mean spirited way, despite having grown up with dozens, if not hundreds of them. I've met them too and they're by and large really good, smart, successful people, and I can say the same about Clemson fans.

I’m sorry if my attacks on UofSC have come across as attacking alums. It’s mainly the admin and their board, along with their fanbase which is largely not the alumni.

I’m sorry if my attacks on UofSC have come across as attacking alums. It’s mainly the admin and their board, along with their fanbase which is largely not the alumni.

That's fine, but please recognize the Clemson fanbase has about a million mouthbreathers too and I had more shit talked to me as a Wake fan at a Clemson game, walking back and forth to the stadium quietly with my wife, than I ever had at any other game in my life. And when I got back to my car it had been fucked with.

That's fine, but please recognize the Clemson fanbase has about a million mouthbreathers too and I had more shit talked to me as a Wake fan at a Clemson game, walking back and forth to the stadium quietly with my wife, than I ever had at any other game in my life. And when I got back to my car it had been fucked with.

I’m not surprised. That’s my experience with UofSC and Maryland. I don’t give a shit about Clemson. They suck too.

You grew up in a Clemson family and comment on Clemson more than I do. I'm not going to psychoanalyze you, but you give a shit about Clemson, which makes it even easier to loathe USC.

You grew up in a Clemson family and comment on Clemson more than I do. I'm not going to psychoanalyze you, but you give a shit about Clemson, which makes it even easier to loathe USC.

You’re a UGA fan first and foremost. You hate Clemson and spend 90% of your time loving on the SEC.

I’m still allowed to shit on UNC alumni, right?

I think according to Biff rules, if you're a fan of one team in the conference you have to defend other teams in the conference.

Maybe if they were in the ACC, but probably not. Nobody from NC or SC should want to play Syracuse in anything. Fuck Syracuse. I'd rather play Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, or Florida in tiddlywinks any day of the week. We play UNC-CH out of conference.

Also, would Wake fans enjoy a trip to the Men's Final Four, Women's Basketball Championships, winning the CWS back-to-back, or going to the conference football championship game every now and then ?

I have no idea what this was supposed to mean in this discussion.

Biff rules suck. No wonder he impeached from his moderator position.

Ph, how many hours do you sleep on average?

Sorry guys, party is over

I don’t get it. If true, is the ACC just trying to placate the bigger brands to make them stay?

I don’t get it. If true, is the ACC just trying to placate the bigger brands to make them stay?

several theories. they put "away" in quotes, so meaning neutral site? or that FSU is leaving? or that the ACC is kicking Wake out. true message board genius at work.

Phillips’ directive: Find a financial solution “most advantageous to a majority of members”

I wonder if they realize that if those teams only play each other, the overall net record for a season is .500. For every win, another team gets a loss. For every team with 0 or 1 loss, there will be teams with very few wins.

The NFL seems to be doing alright with that system.

Back