• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

I do not see any reason why either the player or the payer of the NIL would reveal what they were receiving or giving to the general public, so if there is no required reporting mechanism, I would not expect to hear anything definitive. Maybe rumor or speculation only.

I’m sure Donald Ross could tell us since he is one of the 11 most important Wake Forest basketball boosters in the world. Plus he’s been to 847 different college basketball arenas.

Les just tweeted that Carter Whitt has entered the portal

Probably was inevitable, but Whitt became dead to Forbes after the Clemson debacle. Hope he blossoms at his next destination, but as much as I wanted to see glimmers of promise for Carter, he never looked like he belonged at this level of basketball.

Probably was inevitable, but Whitt became dead to Forbes after the Clemson debacle. Hope he blossoms at his next destination, but as much as I wanted to see glimmers of promise for Carter, he never looked like he belonged at this level of basketball.

So, would you call this a nothing burger?

Fight Club
Bruno
Jada's hair
Carter Whitt

Let's make it happen.

So many people called this within a few games of his pre freshman year. They said I've watched ACC basketball for 30 years, and there's no way he makes it at this level.

I wasn't one of those people. I didn't start to lose all hope until the Clemson game. I hope the best for him!

I wish him well at his next stop.

It is still early, but this leaves us with 4 (all the NBA draft entrees come back) to 8 (all leave) open scholarships for next year. Keller is 1, so 3-7 transfers?

I'm willing to bet it's a Power 6 conference.

I wish him well at his next stop.

It is still early, but this leaves us with 4 (all the NBA draft entrees come back) to 8 (all leave) open scholarships for next year. Keller is 1, so 3-7 transfers?

Staff still seems to be working on a few unsigned HS players. So maybe 1 more from HS and 2-6 transfers.

ETA:
Wouldn't surprise me if we got an international guy late.

Regardless of whether he had the necessary talent to succeed in ACC basketball or not, it's got to really mess with an 18 year old's confidence to be a highly rated 4 star recruit, come into a rebounding program desperate for quality PG play, and struggle horribly. Add in the portion of the fanbase that chose to aim significant amounts of criticism at him (warranted or not), and I can't imagine he was in a good mental place to be successful at basketball at Wake Forest.

I really hope for his case he is able to showcase the talent that he clearly had in high school once he gets a fresh start.

It's honestly best for us and him, we open up a schollie and he moves on. He didn't have a chance in hell to be anything here.

Carter is going to have to change more than his game to be successful in college.

I'm willing to bet it's a Power 6 conference.

Agree— this is a highly recruited kid who probably assumed he was an NBA lock when he was a sophomore in high school. He initially was quoted on wanting to see if he got offers from Duke or UNC before he committed. He’s not going to a mid major at this point in his career. He will end up at one of his initial Power 6 offers.

Regardless of whether he had the necessary talent to succeed in ACC basketball or not, it's got to really mess with an 18 year old's confidence to be a highly rated 4 star recruit, come into a rebounding program desperate for quality PG play, and struggle horribly. Add in the portion of the fanbase that chose to aim significant amounts of criticism at him (warranted or not), and I can't imagine he was in a good mental place to be successful at basketball at Wake Forest.

I really hope for his case he is able to showcase the talent that he clearly had in high school once he gets a fresh start.

If this had anything to do with him transferring, he definitely needs to go to a small mid-major without much basketball tradition. A couple dozen negative message board posts per game is nothing compared to what he'd receive from more rabid fanbases.

But anyways, I was not one who was hoping he'd transfer, and will be interested to see how his career plays out. I hope he can regain confidence somewhere and resurrect his career.

TBH with Carter I don't see what they saw in him to get to that rating at all. He isn't a good shooter, not a good defender, he isn't that quick. He can pass well yes, when he's not getting pressured by an opposing guard. I don't see it.

It is a bit sad that a guy who left Hugh school early to play at Wake now quits doing that. Particularly the son of Wake guy. Carter showed promise that part season. However, for whatever reasons, he seems to not have made progress this season. It didn't look like he matured much in a year. So perhaps it is best he gets a fresh start elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Back