• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

According to 247 Whitt had a ton of Power Conference offers out of HS:

- BC
- Arkansas
- Clemson
- Florida
- Indiana
- Iowa State
- Maryland
- Michigan
- Nebraska
- NC State
- Ole Miss
- Tennessee
- UVA
- VT

If this had anything to do with him transferring, he definitely needs to go to a small mid-major without much basketball tradition. A couple dozen negative message board posts per game is nothing compared to what he'd receive from more rabid fanbases.

Kind of a weird assumption that OG boards posts were the only negativity Carter experienced from fans. You (and I) have no idea what sort of fan negativity he may have encountered in his real life or on his social media pages or whatever.

I also wasn't suggesting the fans were a major reason he is transferring, just that it's easy to see how his confidence in his game could have been shaken pretty badly and how that may have been a factor.

Since entering the portal, Whitt has already heard from Arkansas and Wake Forest.

There will be 100 or more guards in the portal that will instantly be vastly better than Whitt. He was terrible in just about every facet of the game and probably the worse offensive player I’ve ever seen to get consistent minutes at wake. Good luck to the kid, but he has many miles to go.

If this had anything to do with him transferring, he definitely needs to go to a small mid-major without much basketball tradition. A couple dozen negative message board posts per game is nothing compared to what he'd receive from more rabid fanbases.

But anyways, I was not one who was hoping he'd transfer, and will be interested to see how his career plays out. I hope he can regain confidence somewhere and resurrect his career.

I would hazard a guess that Manman blossoming and taking over the team had much more to do with breaking Whitt's confidence than message boards.

Manman got the ball and with it he took Whitt's confidence.

I would hazard a guess that Manman blossoming and taking over the team had much more to do with breaking Whitt's confidence than message boards.

Manman got the ball and with it he took Whitt's confidence.

I'm sure he understood having a smaller role than the ACCPOY. Losing all of his minutes to Cam and other guys is what sealed the deal.

What’s unfortunate is the player Whitt was supposed to be is exactly what we need in the portal: a floor general who can hit an open shot but mainly collapse defenses and set up other guys. Best of luck to him.

I'm sure he understood having a smaller role than the ACCPOY. Losing all of his minutes to Cam and other guys is what sealed the deal.

Manman did not arrive at Wake with "future ACC POY" sign on his jersey. Manman got the keys to the car during preseason. Carter played like he never got over the demotion.

I'm willing to bet it's a Power 6 conference.

I don't see that happening. That toothpaste is long out of the tube. I see him at maybe a UNC-G, Elon or HPU. He's not a Power 6 talent. I don't even think it's close.

Manman did not arrive at Wake with "future ACC POY" sign on his jersey. Manman got the keys to the car during preseason. Carter played like he never got over the demotion.

I did hear that early in the season he was complaining about his role/playing time on the bench and there was a strong reaction from the staff, as there should have been.

I don't see that happening. That toothpaste is long out of the tube. I see him at maybe a UNC-G, Elon or HPU. He's not a Power 6 talent. I don't even think it's close.

Neath and Massoud both went to Power 6 teams.

Neath and Massoud were vastly better than Whitt and neither of them were very good. Although I always remember Massoud's 30 point game.

I did hear that early in the season he was complaining about his role/playing time on the bench and there was a strong reaction from the staff, as there should have been.

Whitt did Forbes a solid by coming to Wake early and playing on a bad Wake team in the spring of 2021. He could have stayed in HS and had possibility of playing for a state championship.

I'm sure he wasn't happy being demoted in favor of some guy who was 7th or 8th at Oklahoma. Apparently he didn't handle the situation well. I hope this was experience he can learn from. Nothing is guaranteed. You have to keep earning playing time.

Pretty sure Carter's high school cancelled the 2020-2021 season which is why he enrolled early.

Whitt did Forbes a solid by coming to Wake early and playing on a bad Wake team in the spring of 2021. He could have stayed in HS and had possibility of playing for a state championship.

I'm sure he wasn't happy being demoted in favor of some guy who was 7th or 8th at Oklahoma. Apparently he didn't handle the situation well. I hope this was experience he can learn from. Nothing is guaranteed. You have to keep earning playing time.

I get it from both sides. Totally give Whitt a pass for last year. Joined the team late; the entire team had month long COVID shutdown, and then Whitt suffered an injury when WF returned. Carter was awful, but there were a ton of reasons to think that this year would be better. Thought Whitt would be hugely improved and thought Whitt would play a lot. As it was Whitt averaged 16 minutes a game through the first half of the season, but he was terrible. His numbers were the same or worse as 2021. He shot 20% from 3 and 38% from 2 and under 50% from the line, while having twice as many assists as TOs. On defense, other teams mercilessly attacked him. He played himself out of the rotation. Whitt did nothing to earn PT.

very smart to send this tweet out and control the narrative before 80% of our rebounding and 90% of our scoring announce a possible/definite departure (recognizing some of those players will hopefully be back)

I didn't watch as many games as most on here, but it felt like Whitt never learned to simply play within himself. It always felt like he was trying to make a highlight play instead of just making the simple play.

Back