• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

when a college player at the power conference level is objectively horrible, it's fair to point out his play is hurting the team, and that the team might perform better if he played less or not at all. That was the essence of the vast majority of the takes about Carter Whitt. Feels like you are trying to lump objective evaluations of his poor play with a random poster that went off the rails and unnecessarily attacked Whitt as a person.

the thread wasn't the only place people were being awful toward the kid, as Ph and birdman have demonstrated.

oof

boards are my only real interaction with the Wake fan base -- guess I figured the worst takes would be mostly isolated to here

pretty shitty for carter -- wish him the best

You figured the worst takes from the Wake fan base would be on this board and not in the comments section of the I’m A Wake Sports Fan page on Facebook?

Y’all can make your selves feel better by saying “at least we aren’t as mean to our players as packpride”… but remember they’re a bunch redneck assholes, so you’re setting a pretty low bar.

I don't think I was personally horrible about Whitt FWIW. He just wasn't good.

Look, you can compare us to any fanbase you want. Go to any P5 message board that has active posters and tell me who is more civil than us? Maybe there are a few, but I suspect you'll be counting on one hand. Fanbases on message boards spout their hot takes. 99% of internet message board fans are the same makeup as us-- some measured, some assholes, some that are in-between. The only difference is the size of the fanbase. The bigger the fanbase, the more assholes. That is the way it has been for 20+ years and that is the way it will continue to be. And now it's on Twitter too where people can be directly obnoxious to a player's account. I guess you can chalk it all up to redneck assholes and have a superiority complex about it all, but fans are fans everywhere. And the younger the fan, the less likely they are to have the "they're just kids" attitude about college players. Plus now with NIL and players being paid for performance, it will be even worse. I don't know why people expect our fanbase to be more dignified simply because we have a higher ratio of sweater vests worn at our games.

I don't think I was personally horrible about Whitt FWIW. He just wasn't good.

Look, you can compare us to any fanbase you want. Go to any P5 message board that has active posters and tell me who is more civil than us? Maybe there are a few, but I suspect you'll be counting on one hand. Fanbases on message boards spout their hot takes. 99% of internet message board fans are the same makeup as us-- some measured, some assholes, some that are in-between. The only difference is the size of the fanbase. The bigger the fanbase, the more assholes. That is the way it has been for 20+ years and that is the way it will continue to be. And now it's on Twitter too where people can be directly obnoxious to a player's account. I guess you can chalk it all up to redneck assholes and have a superiority complex about it all, but fans are fans everywhere. And the younger the fan, the less likely they are to have the "they're just kids" attitude about college players. Plus now with NIL and players being paid for performance, it will be even worse. I don't know why people expect our fanbase to be more dignified simply because we have a higher ratio of sweater vests worn at our games.

Ok Elc, if you weren’t personally horrible to Whitt, then you shouldn’t take my comment personally.

Again, just because we don’t collectively treat kids as badly as other fan bases doesn’t mean that the kids who play for us are lucky or deserve worse.

I should also add that imo it’s open season on any grown man or woman making millions per year but sucking at their job. Manning and [Redacted] deserve all the public ridicule. I just worry about the kids.

Ok Elc, if you weren’t personally horrible to Whitt, then you shouldn’t take my comment personally.

Again, just because we don’t collectively treat kids as badly as other fan bases doesn’t mean that the kids who play for us are lucky or deserve worse.

I should also add that imo it’s open season on any grown man or woman making millions per year but sucking at their job. Manning and [Redacted] deserve all the public ridicule. I just worry about the kids.

The “kids” are 18+ years old, going to college for free with a stipend and NIL deals, and showcasing for their pro bball future. They aren’t playing YMCA ball.

The “kids” are 18+ years old, going to college for free with a stipend and NIL deals, and showcasing for their pro bball future. They aren’t playing YMCA ball.

giphy.gif

But they do deserve strangers talking shit at them in real life for missing free throws and turning the ball over. Accountability for thee but not me! Weeeeeeeee!!

All of the people being assholes to Carter Whitt are going to absolutely lose their minds when he is dropping dimes in the NCAA Tournament next season. You know it's gonna happen - continuing the rich Wake Forest tradition of having former players dancing. The only question is whether we'll be there with them.

We were all absolutely thrilled when he picked Wake and the guy has potential to be great. Many here will act surprised when he receives interest from more Power 5 teams. He may ultimately settle at a mid-major but there will be plenty of interest across the board for a former 4 star.

Last edited:
If there's interest in Carter Whitt, that coach should immediately be on the hot seat. If you can watch what I did and think he can contribute to your team, wooooof.

But they do deserve strangers talking shit at them in real life for missing free throws and turning the ball over. Accountability for thee but not me! Weeeeeeeee!!

While I generally agree with you, Villanova made the Final 4 (gonna lose now without Moore) primarily due to FT shooting all year. And a lot of our turnovers were high school blow the whistle and run suicides type turnovers.

While I generally agree with you, Villanova made the Final 4 (gonna lose now without Moore) primarily due to FT shooting all year. And a lot of our turnovers were high school blow the whistle and run suicides type turnovers.

I don't think we're talking about thr same thing.

Maybe we told him Judah decided to commit to us and now he’s no longer a target???

I could see Whitt going to State. They're apparently having a hard time fielding a team and he's from Raleigh. Just a random guess with zero info whatsoever.

I could see Whitt going to State. They're apparently having a hard time fielding a team and he's from Raleigh. Just a random guess with zero info whatsoever.

Speaking of which, it sort of reminds me of Tyler Lewis from State. Both were top 100 recruits with high expectations and both had giant holes in their game that prevented them from really performing in the ACC.

Transferring to State would take some SERIOUS cajones on Whitt's part.

Last edited:
We can cross Hayden Brown off the list.

Back