• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Is there a site or list somewhere that has all of the guys in the portal? It's tough keeping track through threads and tweets.

Any recruiting website.

The sheer number of guys we are reaching out to indicates to me that we expect to have more (maybe a lot more) than 3 open scholarships — who knows how many of our 4 draft declarees returns, but would be shocked if it’s all four.

The sheer number of guys we are reaching out to indicates to me that we expect to have more (maybe a lot more) than 3 open scholarships — who knows how many of our 4 draft declarees returns, but would be shocked if it’s all four.

Don’t we already have 4 openings: Miles, Whitt, Sy and Alondes?

Yes, I knew we were renting him.

His post says he’s chosen to enter the draft. I guess he means he isn’t going into the job world. Probably a good decision.
This is disgusting and shouldn’t be tolerated on this board. I hope that you don’t have nearly as much interaction with players and pull with the program as you portray. We don’t need overt bigots in our fanbase.

WFU Men's Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - Jake/Zay/Dallas/Daivien to NBA? -Whitt

It is verrrry Wake Forest that we would lose Laravia and UNC would have Love, Bacot and Davis all return to make another run at a title, so I expect that is exactly what will happen.

It is verrrry Wake Forest that we would lose Laravia and UNC would have Love, Bacot and Davis all return to make another run at a title, so I expect that is exactly what will happen.

Yup

Will the return optionality of the players who declared but retained eligibility affect our ability to attract talent in the transfer portal? I would think players looking to move would want clarity on the roster.

Will the return optionality of the players who declared but retained eligibility affect our ability to attract talent in the transfer portal? I would think players looking to move would want clarity on the roster.

The staff likely knows the answer to these questions, so I doubt that the possibility of seniors returning is affecting our recruiting in the portal. Every team is dealing with this, too, just fyi.

Can't we JUST ONCE be pleasantly surprised by a player returning? It's like if Joe Blow in his mother's basement in Wichita says one of our players might get a tryout for the G league, the player can't declare fast enough...

Can't we JUST ONCE be pleasantly surprised by a player returning? It's like if Joe Blow in his mother's basement in Wichita says one of our players might get a tryout for the G league, the player can't declare fast enough...

Declare means they get to be evaluated, not that they are gone. If Bacot comes back, he is nuts.

Declare means they get to be evaluated, not that they are gone. If Bacot comes back, he is nuts.

Yea, I know. It just seems like our pattern is that guys leave on the first sign of any hope of a pro career. And I didn't think Bacot was projected to be drafted at all?

Back