• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

That’s our starting PG next year. Scoring first Pg, but decent assist percentage that would’ve been third on our team last year behind Alondes and Jake and way ahead of any other rotation players despite high usage.

Good efficiency on CRAZY high usage last year. To put it in perspective, Alondes was responsible for 29.9% of our possessions when on the floor last year. Ituka was at 35.4%, 4th in the country even as a freshman. I’d guess he’ll still be a good offensive player against better competition as long as we add another couple of weapons and don’t ask him to carry that big of a burden.

That’s our starting PG next year. Scoring first Pg, but decent assist percentage that would’ve been third on our team last year behind Alondes and Jake and way ahead of any other rotation players despite high usage.

Good efficiency on CRAZY high usage last year. To put it in perspective, Alondes was responsible for 29.9% of our possessions when on the floor last year. Ituka was at 35.4%, 4th in the country even as a freshman. I’d guess he’ll still be a good offensive player against better competition as long as we add another couple of weapons and don’t ask him to carry that big of a burden.

If Jake is gone, then it would be great to see some development from Bookie and Daivien (if he comes back) as facilitators. Ituka plays the way I imagine a guy like Rob McCray would have played were their roles reversed, so I we'll need to have secondary facilitators on the floor when he's in the game.

great pickup. his numbers are off the charts for a freshman. watching his highlights i maybe could understand why he wasn’t as hotly recruited by big schools as his #s might suggest but i think he will be a good starter for us regardless. hopefully he can play defense.

Against me doing what now?

The facts are the facts. Jahmir Young and Will Richard couldn't get into Wake with all the help in the world. Pretty much everyone with 2 years left, unless they're a graduate transfer is essentially a non-starter in terms of credits, and some of the guys aren't good enough.

Just because I "haven't been a Wake fan for as long as some".. what on earth does that matter? Sorry I wasn't around when Wake had a top-20 NBA player fall in their lap because a coach randomly knew someone in the islands or one of the best PGs ever to play didn't get an offer from the place he wanted to?" Bad things happen to just about every program, I grew up a GT fan if you REALLY want to talk about a school that has some shit luck.

Neither of us would make statements like that without double or triple vetting them, especially when last year we were both very up front on misses like Brockington/McKoy etc. Just like in football they have to be absurdly selective given all the hoops to jump through, and then even more to make sure they're actually good enough to play. So I'm sorry for *checks notes* calling someone out on stuff that's false?
What is up with our internet sports writers and the whiney butt hurt. A little history. We've been fightin' with sportswriters forever. Hall of Famer Lennox Rawlings took it. And he's still an asshole if living. And the fucktard from the Morning Star. And the guy in South Carolina we tore up. Stop getting into it with the fans. And stop paywalling Wake Press Conferences that come out one day later. More prospects could see them.

279239573_4922511817866904_4903749861822762808_n.jpg

great pickup. his numbers are off the charts for a freshman. watching his highlights i maybe could understand why he wasn’t as hotly recruited by big schools as his #s might suggest but i think he will be a good starter for us regardless. hopefully he can play defense.

agreed

i think he went under the radar because his game took a leap as a HS senior during the weird covid season, so no one really got to see him play

What is up with our internet sports writers and the whiney butt hurt. A little history. We've been fightin' with sportswriters forever. Hall of Famer Lennox Rawlings took it. And he's still an asshole if living. And the fucktard from the Morning Star. And the guy in South Carolina we tore up. Stop getting into it with the fans. And stop paywalling Wake Press Conferences that come out one day later. More prospects could see them.

Good evening, Mack. Sincere thanks for reading and following along.

Can you please let me know what press conference paywall issue you're referring to? I frequently paywall Q&As, but I don't recall paywalling many (if any, really) videos over the last 12 months; but I'm certainly open to correction. Folks really enjoy watching the Steve Forbes press conferences, and I post them on YouTube, so it's not like there's really any easy way for me to lock those behind a paywall anyway. With all sincerity, let me know what you're referencing and I'll address it. Thanks!

Aren’t the Q&As just press conference transcripts?

Not being soft to not appreciate people trying to throw mud on what you do. And maybe, just *maybe* throwing something out there of "hey we treated this guy like shit so everyone else should shut up and take it" aint the best retort.

So we got transfer players in this thread wearing 3 and 21

Could we really stop with that? Just awful.

Wake would get a competent college PF with some range. 40% on threes, but only took about 1 per game. Had a decent game against Villanova in the NCAA Tournament. 13 points, 3 rebs, didn't miss a shot. Scored 17 with 6 reb in the conference tournament final to get the big dance ticket.

Based on Ituka's highlight videos, he does a lot of his damage inside. That's going to be harder in the ACC. He's listed at 6'1''. Williams was listed at 6'5'' for reference.

Back