• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

WFU Men's Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread - LET'S DO THIS!!!

I think everyone agrees he needs more development, but where he would benefit most is the question. He obviously thought Wake was that place a year ago, but is it still? Nobody knows. I’m clearly biassed, but I think we have a better coach than what he is likely to get at any other stop. One who can and will provide him with both the guidance and the stage he needs to transition to the next level. The question Jake has to answer is does he want to be a full time professional basketball player now, or presumably get his degree and be one in 12 months.

Does anyone know where his progress towards graduation is?

Last edited:
We’re all biased. Really would like to know his progress towards graduation.

whether it can be duplicated or not, there should be some value in forbes saying "i had a transfer go from 6pts per game to the acc poy." not to mention laravia making second team.

I don't see how we as Wake fans don't automatically assume the worst. We are always saying "I don't think he'll go" or "he's not ready" and they almost always disappoint us and take off as soon as possible.

I have no doubt that LaRavia is gone and that we will lose more players than expected.

Wake DOES NOT keep up good vibes/teams. Period.

Same as in football, we are all "XX player is a borderline 1st rounder, but definitely early 2nd rounder" or "I don't see him slipping past 3rd or 4th round, he's got the talent" and then we see our guys fall all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round or into the third and the rest of them go undrafted.

We see it time and time again. It just ain't gonna happen. We will lose a G-League player who could have done some damage with another ACC season of development.

I am 100% a Wake Fan through and through and pull for all of our guys to do well. I'm always searching draft boards and websites to justify my thinking of which of our players will go as high as we think they deserve, but it ALWAYS fails to happen. (that sentence doesn't make sense grammatically). I'm just a realist.

I don't see how we as Wake fans don't automatically assume the worst. We are always saying "I don't think he'll go" or "he's not ready" and they almost always disappoint us and take off as soon as possible.

I have no doubt that LaRavia is gone and that we will lose more players than expected.

Same as in football, we are all "XX player is a borderline 1st rounder, but definitely early 2nd rounder" or "I don't see him slipping past 3rd or 4th round, he's got the talent" and then we see our guys fall all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round or into the third and the rest of them go undrafted.

We see it time and time again. It just ain't gonna happen. We will lose a G-League player who could have done some damage with another ACC season of development.

I am 100% a Wake Fan through and through and pull for all of our guys to do well. I'm always searching draft boards and websites to justify my thinking of which of our players will go as high as we think they deserve, but it ALWAYS fails to happen. (that sentence doesn't make sense grammatically). I'm just a realist.

this is a bit depressing. Friday after five, I recommend beer.

Hard to argue with any of this

not going to dismiss these feelings that i think have some validity, and clearly others feel the same way. that said not sure it would stand up to the evidence. and best case, getting tim duncan to turn down being the #1 pick two straight years is probably the greatest coup in the history of college sports. granted that was a long time ago, so maybe we are just paying for that.

Last edited:
Good point about Timmy D.

What’s crazy about football is when we finally had a player good enough to be drafted in the top five, and then the world actually agreed, even he flamed out.

Yeah I'm not sure why people still use the "he's not ready" argument to say a guy should stay in school. If we have seen anything over the last 25-30 years is that the NBA could care less if you are "ready". They only care about whether or not you have the potential to be an NBA player and the younger the guy is, the better.

Good counter-point about Timmy D. But hard to find many others. It's probably just recency bias.

God I feel like an old.

I don't want to go back and find the examples, but there are definitely plenty out there.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure why people still use the "he's not ready" argument to say a guy should stay in school. If we have seen anything over the last 25-30 years is that the NBA could care less if you are "ready". They only care about whether or not you have the potential to be an NBA player and the younger the guy is, the better.

Don't you think doing better in college by staying another year would make some fringe players seem like they have more potential? Doing better = potential higher draft pick = bigger paycheck = more success.

Going early, before they are "ready" = lower draft pick/G-League/overseas = taking longer to get noticed = career is delayed?

IDK...I'm probably wrong. I'm just saying that it hasn't worked out for us in the past. We even bombed with players that were good and seen as "can't miss".

It's just....Wake....

Back