• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Klintman seems way underrated for a kid with NBA size and profile who played on a top HS team.

Agree.

I think the knock on him is that he's a bit soft.

I hate to do player comparisons, but when I watch him play I think he can be a Mucius style player for us... A guy who ultimately puts on more size than that, but probably isn't as athletic.

Agree.

I hate to do player comparisons, but when I watch him play I think he can be a Mucius style player for us... A guy who ultimately puts on more size than that, but probably isn't as athletic.

He reminds me of Mucius as well.

Less athletic Mucius? Never thought of Isaiah as possessing standout athletic skills.

Agree.

“A bit soft” seems like a standard knock on 6-8/215 Euro big wings.

Last edited:
Less athletic Mucius? Never thought of Isaiah as possessing standout athletic skills.

I guess a better way to put it is that Bobi looks like someone that can fill out a bit as a 3/4, where as Mucius was billed as more of a 2/3 out of HS.

Last edited:
“A bit soft” seems like a standard knock on 6-8/215 Euro big wings.

That's true.

But I've read it from 2 different sources on Bobi, so I thought it was worth offering up when you were wondering why he isn't ranked higher.

Bradford seems like a raw athletic 7-footer with upside with benefit of two years in college and a few good games. So he has a decent long-term floor.

From the games I watched, our last season was not cut short by poor defense but lousy ballhandling and lots of lazy cross court passes that were easily picked off. Far too many turnovers per game to have made a serious run.

Agree wholeheartedly. Saw a lot of games in person and had the opportunity to sit in a friends seats twice, 3 rows behind our bench for late season ACC games. Very frustrating to watch those wild cross court passes, even when they work at times, just because they don’t make sense. Never would have seen Chill, CP3 or Skip Brown do that in close games. Yes, we could get on rolls like in 2nd half of State game. But in a game of that importance, why would you also need your coach to greet you at the door of locker room to jump your ass about loose balls, ball handling and defense?

My perception of Klintman from 90 seconds of highlights is he has a very nice looking, natural three shot. Sees the floor pretty well. Has a frame that has room for bulking up. If we land him, we will have two incoming freshman in the 6-8/6-9 range who can shoot from deep. That will compensate for having two spaceeaters in the middle who are not going to camp out behind the three point line like Walton did.

Solid take. The only freshman who got run last year had pro experience. And one who had pro experience didn’t get much run. I don’t expect Keller and Klintman to play much.

The big question is if Carr can be a stretch 5 to start or be a different look from Marsh and Bradford or is he versatile enough to start at the 4.

Solid take. The only freshman who got run last year had pro experience. And one who had pro experience didn’t get much run. I don’t expect Keller and Klintman to play much.

The big question is if Carr can be a stretch 5 to start or be a different look from Marsh and Bradford or is he versatile enough to start at the 4.

Seems to me Carr is more of a true 4 who can play some 5 in a small lineup

A true 4 is becoming obsolete in the modern game. We'll need Carr (and possibly Keller) to develop some playmaking skills and defend wings.

I guess a better way to put it is that Bobi looks like someone that can fill out a bit as a 3/4, where as Mucius was billed as more of a 2/3 out of HS.

They are looking at Bobi to play 1-3. After our visit, he is quickly heading back to Europe. Good sign imho.

1-3? He's 6'9.

Let’s just call him a wing with a good handle and range. But we have 4 guys with size as well so I trust Coach to spread the minutes. Not to compare but Larry, LeBron, Grant, Scottie, Luka, Magic and Scottie Barnes say “see what we can do”
Vibes.

Back