• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Just realized Kihei Clark will be back at UVA for his 5th year this year...

He'll end up #2 (at worst) in career assists for UVA.
#1 in minutes played (and it won't even be close... he's already #4).

But he likely won't even crack UVA's top 10 in:
Steals
Not sure what I'm trying to say... It just feels weird that an average (at best) PG will play (and start) for most of 5 consecutive seasons for a pretty good program like UVA.

***Good chance he'll be #2 all-time in college basketball minutes played.

#1 is Jacob Gilyard who just finished his 5th year at Richmond and logged 5747 minutes (starting 154 of 154 games in his career... 37.3mpg). That is likely to never be broken.

Steals
Not sure what I'm trying to say... It just feels weird that an average (at best) PG will play (and start) for most of 5 consecutive seasons for a pretty good program like UVA.

You left out that he has a Natty. FWIW, UVA had a couple of down years, but think they will be tough again in 2022-3

You left out that he has a Natty. FWIW, UVA had a couple of down years, but think they will be tough again in 2022-3

Excellent point. His frosh year... He was obviously not one of the top 3 guys on that team, but he was definitely a contributor.

Not hating on Kihei Clark... It's just an unusual thing.

***Good chance he'll be #2 all-time in college basketball minutes played.

#1 is Jacob Gilyard who just finished his 5th year at Richmond and logged 5747 minutes (starting 154 of 154 games in his career... 37.3mpg). That is likely to never be broken.

Must have been the extra 3 pairs of legs.

Steals

not bad for a guy shorter than biff

I give State the benefit of the doubt due to Smith returning... But yeah, they probably won't be very good. But there is some talent there that isn't on the 4 teams I listed. I guess Hugley @ Pitt is good... But Capel is so bad I think they'll suck.

Regardless, I'd expect Wake to finish in the top 10 of the ACC... Hopefully upper middle, but that kind of #deepanalysis will have to wait a few months.

State finished DFL last year with Smith on the team. And its other two best players are gone and Keatts remains the coach. They will suck next year.

Does that mean Shay can’t be on the bench or do in game coaching?

Two main differences between being a "countable" assistant coach (one of the three) or holding one of those other positions. Countable coaches can:

- Travel to recruit
- Conduct on-court coaching in practices

Otherwise, those guys like Woodley last year, Antanas K., Joe Hugley, Isaiah Tisdale can be on bench for games. Also, they can be designated to coach on the court during practices if one of the countable assistant coaches is away for recruiting.

Two main differences between being a "countable" assistant coach (one of the three) or holding one of those other positions. Countable coaches can:

- Travel to recruit

Otherwise, those guys like Woodley last year, Antanas K., Joe Hugley, Isaiah Tisdale can be on bench for games. Also, they can be designated to coach on the court during practices if one of the countable assistant coaches is away for recruiting.

Sounds like Shay is now a "stay home" Coach. Working with players while the other guys are out recruiting.

- Travel to recruit

Were Bz and Manning counted as coaches even though they couldn't coach?

A 4-team tournament? KenPom #175, #203, and #229. Did last year not make it clear that we need to schedule a lot harder? Do we know any other OOC opponents yet?

A 4-team tournament? KenPom #175, #203, and #229. Did last year not make it clear that we need to schedule a lot harder? Do we know any other OOC opponents yet?

This is one of those tournaments we were locked into before Forbes took over. He mentioned it at the end of the season and you can tell he wasn’t happy about it.

Three teams around 200 are better than most of last year's OOC schedule.

ETA:

If things go well, maybe Georgetown becomes better than expected and morphs into at least a quad 2 game.

Last edited:
Back