• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

I think Walton would probably have more of an impact than Davien or Zeke, but I’m rooting for all three to return. Really appreciate what they’ve given to the program and would like to see them get an opportunity to play in the NCAAT.

I think Walton would probably have more of an impact than Davien or Zeke, but I’m rooting for all three to return. Really appreciate what they’ve given to the program and would like to see them get an opportunity to play in the NCAAT.

*Zay

Good big are hard to find. Walton has been really good this season, and has gotten better toward the end. His three point shots were as good as anyone else on the team down the stretch. He also knew not to take too many.

There’s a good argument that he was the best player on the team after the Clemson game.

The version of Walton we got in that home Louisville game was absolutely filthy. Maybe he attributes some of that season long improvement to the coaching and stays another year. I also think he’s a great kid and great representative of Wake.

I have absolutely no insight whatsoever but my gut says that Zay and Walton stay. Williamson and LaRavia are toss ups.

I'd expect the decisions to return will rely heavily on how confident the guys are that Jake will be back.

Zay, Williamson, Walton, LaRavia and Monsato would be a strong starting 5. WFU would have to be in the top half of the league pre season.

Zay, Williamson, Walton, LaRavia and Monsato would be a strong starting 5. WFU would have to be in the top half of the league pre season.

As much as I love our Deacs ... that would not work. We need some pure, ball-handling guards to help our offense. Quit forcing LaRavia to bring the ball up or have to DRIBBLE out of trouble. I think the world of LaRavia, but every time he puts the ball on the court I cringe. I just expect him to either dribble it off his foot or dribble himself into a horrible position and then throw the ball directly to the opposing team.

Williamson is a good ball handler and I would love to have him back. Unfortunately, he's not a great distributor. That's our #1 need, and Forbes knows it. It would be great if he could land a 4 star point guard who can fill that role for the next 3 years. (Trigger Warning: this is a joke about a player currently on the roster).

Give me 5 new faces from the portal + Keller.

I feel like I'm normally pretty optimistic heading into every season, which at the end of Manning might have qualified me for some type of psychological disorder. I'm feeling pretty pessimistic at the moment. I highly doubt Forbes is able to put together a better group of transfers than we had last season. If Jake stays, I can see building a team around him, but if he's gone I can't see how there isn't a substantial regression. It also feels like missing the NCAAT killed a lot of our momentum. Someone please cheer me up and tell me I'm wrong.

I feel like I'm normally pretty optimistic heading into every season, which at the end of Manning might have qualified me for some type of psychological disorder. I'm feeling pretty pessimistic at the moment. I highly doubt Forbes is able to put together a better group of transfers than we had last season. If Jake stays, I can see building a team around him, but if he's gone I can't see how there isn't a substantial regression. It also feels like missing the NCAAT killed a lot of our momentum. Someone please cheer me up and tell me I'm wrong.

I feel similar, but I hold out hope that Forbes shows he's the portal magician that he showed last year. Yeah, if Jake stays, I can see us hauling in a good group of guys to hover around the top-7 in the ACC.

You are wrong ... this is a Forbes-led team .. the man knows pretty much nothing but success. Believe in the power of the Forbes. Seriously ...
Yes we're all devastated by the failure to make the NCAAT, but realize he was way ahead in getting Wake back to relevance. We had 25 wins and earned a lot of respect back after our decade of futility ... he will continue the path. I have complete faith in Forbes and his staff.

Back