• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

We would have been in every mock bracket save maybe Palm’s. Imagine how pissed we would have been if the ACC dominated after we had we won 2 ACC tourney games and thought we were a lock.

Would we have knocked Miami out with a win? Or to the play in games?

If it had played out as Forbes stated, WF would've been 25-9 (15-8 against ACC Teams) on selection Sunday. Three of WF's 9 losses would've been to Duke. WF's KP rating heading into the BC game was #33. With wins over BC and Miami, and a competitive loss to Duke, WF's KP would've likely been in the mid 20s. Obviously, Coach has the inside info that I lack, but really straining to see how WF would've been left out with that resume. Among the factors that we would not know, was how competitive the ACCT loss to Duke would've been (Miami lost by 4), and how decisive the ACCT win over Miami would've been.

Was always concerned that the NCAAT Committee would look for ways to screw WF this year. WF played no OOC true road games. WF played a horrid OOC schedule and the ACC had a poor OOC record overall. Those circumstances set up perfectly for the committee to hose WF.

The level does not seem super high, and only have seen a few minutes, but Klintman hit a couple of fts, and then drained a very smooth three.

Only 3/10 shooting in the 1st half, but 9pts, 5rbs, & 2asts.

Agree that the competition is pretty meh. But at least he's playing pretty well (and led the team in minutes).

Less than 24 hours later.

From what I saw in yesterday's game, the Kyle Anderson comp sticks. He's a slow-paced facilitating big wing in the halfcourt. I'm not exactly sure how that fits into the lineup, but I think he'll play.

For the first time in more than a decade (holy shit time flies) saying "I don't know how he'll fit" doesn't terrify me. It's a nice feeling.

Dude might just be an ACC level player.

Ironmanned the entire last 2 qtrs. He has significant upside potential with his length and versatile skill set. Not a nothing burger for sure. Although we will gladly take another of those miscues.

Even if the competition is meh, that looks like a highlight reel from a season of play, not one game. Impressive.

It shows potential.

We have to balance what we see here against lower level international competition with what he did playing for a top HS team.

https://www.theseasonticket.com/roster_players/48019071

I’m guessing Bo or Keller gets regular minutes but not both. A lot depends on how often Monsanto plays at the 4.

Time to hype up Bobi.

Jaylen Hoard with a better shot. That's him by his second year, once he's put on 15-20 lbs.

It shows potential.

We have to balance what we see here against lower level international competition with what he did playing for a top HS team.

https://www.theseasonticket.com/roster_players/48019071

I’m guessing Bo or Keller gets regular minutes but not both. A lot depends on how often Monsanto plays at the 4.

Kids can mature and improve quickly at his age. At least Bobi showed he could excel against lesser competition. Thats on the plus side of the ledger for him to be able to contribute at Wake early in his career.

Klintman and the 3-0 Sweden U20 team are in a tight game vs. Austria down 53-51 at the end of the 3rd. Bobi had 10/4/4 with 3 stl but 3 to.

Back